Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newbies!! PLEASE learn how to forfeit!!

Fri, Feb 21 2020 5:06 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Catman3601
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:29 AM

I have to agree, if you want to quit, forfeit the game don't disconnect and leave people hanging.

• PATOSO
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:24 AM

people are going to the games and do not end when they lose .... would have to propose to limit the time you Durande connection for some time so the game is over if they want to keep playing

• PaulWiggins
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 9:41 PM

How does it work on IPad?

• MicahW29
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jan 11 2018 5:35 AM

FWIW my experience is this:

There is a 45-second shot timer that will give a warning once and then disqualify an opponent. The real problem is sometimes they quit before their shot and when that happens it seems like the just game freezes and you won't realize it for a while...

What I've found is that if I exit the app completely (close it from inside the iPad's running apps list) and then re-enter, it allows me to resume my game. It then gives my opponent 45 second to re-connect -- if they don't then the system automatically forfeits for them.

Still a pain, but this way saves me a couple of minutes each time.

• Raya72
    3 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 2:27 PM

Good question...I'd be interested in replies to this one.

• Tony08888
    558 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 5:06 AM

Voyager9940:

Just played two match play games in a row where at both occassion, I played a 'hack' player, one had level 3, the other level 17. Playing is a big word since the first player quit the game during the first hole, the other after the fourth hole. Both players just unrespectfully disconnected and (probable) went on to search another game or type of play. For me, I was left behind during a play where you have to wait five minutes in order to continue to make the match count.

I am sick and tired of that waiting and the bad attitude!

Why don't they learn how to forfeit if they cannot handle the match anymore or are loosing badly or run out of time for any reason at all? Mostly this is with newbies however this unsporty disease also does occur with any tier or at any level.

OP from 2012... Still an ongoing issue...  : ) 

• PAGES
RSS