rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 19 2012 11:12 AM (4 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:38 PM
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 1:03 AM

I was young when he was assassinated, so his legacy was not in my school books, but what a great man and what has become of his premature demise (well not fully, but good progress).

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 9:49 AM

i was young also i did not understand english only after he died ,did i have a chance to listen and understand is speeches,  .............this (negro man) he called himself that ,an American ....a man on a mission to free his people,from injustice .....became in are french Canadian  school ,a Model to follow ,   not only for is poeple  but for all the human race ,i stand ,together with all ,for freedom .liberty ...............  ty vm for this post this video is speeche ,          Francois Montreal

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 7:30 AM

MBaggese:

I was young when he was assassinated, so his legacy was not in my school books, but what a great man and what has become of his premature demise (well not fully, but good progress).

I think in a way, MLKjr is one of those figures who probably would have been a somewhat historic figure, but in dying as he did, became even bigger than he ever could have been. I totally agree with you MBag that society may not quite be there yet, but there has been so much progress made. I think it will take a couple more generations to really see where things settle out. Once the generation that lived it and the generation that was born into it have passed, it will be a fairly good judge of where things are. Regardless, I enjoy hearing inspirational things so I thought I'd share it. Happy Thursday!

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 11:12 AM

Memories.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvUZ8Vh2UIY

RSS