skip nav

Forums

Re: Flippin' Meter

Thu, Aug 1 2019 1:08 PM by DoctorLarry. 36 replies.
  • SimonHewlett United Kingdom
    204 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 8:43 AM

Also, i keep getting an "pages unresponsive" notification flashing up on mine......why is that, i have other pages open and there are all fine. Only the WGT ones are "unresponsive"

All seems odd to me.

Digg
    Delicious
  • ApexPC United States
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 11:23 AM

Be sure you clear the Flash Player cache before you play, and with some recent problems people have had clearing the Java cache will also help.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Mushy01 United Kingdom
    2,567 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 1:21 PM

There was a flash update last week and a java update in the last 2 days, maybe try uninstalling them and re-install the version prior to these updates and stop them updating, see if that helps any.  Links can be found HERE

Digg
    Delicious
  • axxy77 Canada
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2014 4:42 PM

This is an online game with a Flash interface, engine is probably 0bj-C but who knows, it's EA's catastrophe so ya.

The game isn't installed on your computer, it doesn't really tax anything all that hard, I can play this game on my 09 Macbook (not MBP) with 4GB ram, and the bad nVidia chip set. Game will play awesome if conditions allow for it, I can jump on with my Mac Pro at home and same applies.

Really what I've found to be one the biggest determining factors is your connection and the pieces involved, modem, router, other wireless devices on the network etc. The one piece of hardware, and I've tested it, that seems to make a difference is your mouse. Not everyone uses a gaming grade mouse, difference is the polling rate. If I hook up my Razer mouse vs my standard, but not too old Logitech, there is a noticeable difference in lag-time when clicking and hitting the ding. That is, as long as my connection is running smooth, not laggy, low jitter and decent UL.

CPU and GPU? Not really that big a deal.

As far as all the other crap going on with the game? It really feels like they've lost control of the online/server/VEM environment. This game has grown, more people, more connections, more assets for the entire 'system' to look after and deal with, including the VEM. It's not just controlling clubs and balls, that sweet-spot applies to everything in the game which is assigned as an interacting asset. I really think you're seeing the end of the line for WGT, unless they're going to pony up some big bucks and pay for more hardware resources and maybe have some of the software retooled to address some of the issues.

I wouldn't hold your breath.....

Digg
    Delicious
  • Greg123245 United States
    28 Posts
    Wed, Jan 22 2014 5:29 AM

My meter never jumps , when I'm not playing.

Digg
    Delicious
  • unjust Denmark
    7 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 2:52 AM

It is a FIN way for WGT, to make money. Also there WAY TO FAST METER RUN SPEED.

WGT. In a NUTshell

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,376 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 1:08 PM

unjust:

It is a FIN way for WGT, to make money. Also there WAY TO FAST METER RUN SPEED.

WGT. In a NUTshell

There are some much later posts on this since 2014.

So - you still averaging about 10 ranked rounds per year?

Digg
    Delicious
RSS