Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Has anyone Noticed A Drop

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:37 AM (6 replies)
  • JackStratos
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:14 AM

I was playin' a round and was do'in so good , a par, a birdie, 2 other pars, and then I landed in high grass.............well 4 shots later I was out............scrapped my game but to no despair, but I could have used a drop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:25 PM

Yes this topic has come up in the "Product Suggestions" Forum as an option players would like to see - particularly with Water hazards/Out of Bounds  where you might "cross into the hazard" 180 yards from where you originally hit YET your next shot after the Lost Ball is from where you originally hit it - i.e. you "lost" 180 yards if you could have dropped at the point you entered the hazard.

Not sure it would be applicable to the "Rough" situation you described.

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:15 PM
    Had a hit into the creek on the right side of the fairway on Kia and my next shot was from the point I entered the creek. First time I have been in there so I don't know if this is something new they added.
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:07 PM

I hit in the creek 4 or 5 times and it always puts me back on the tee.I been wanting a drop zone,maybe they added one.I saw earlier where WGTalex said no upgrades were added last night so I don't know.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:53 AM

If you fly into the water without touching the ground it makes you re-hit the shot. If you hit the ground first then go in the water it gives you a drop where the ball last hit the ground.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:24 AM

Atlanta,

You would never get a drop if you go out of bounds. Out of bounds is a stroke and distance penalty.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:37 AM

in the real game you can declare any ball unplayable, and take a drop anywhere on the line from which it came no closer to the hole. one stroke penalty of course. o.b. is always rehit from where you went out as soul said. thx JB

RSS