Forums

Help › Forums

Re: LOVE IT !!!!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:18 PM (9 replies)
  • ezduzit62
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:34 AM
    hello everyone new to the sight and just wanted to introduce myself.....love the game ..i'm sure you can really get caught up in here....that swing bar is a killer though....any tips out there THANX; EZ
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:50 AM

Read-practice. Read some more-practice some more. Then go practice-LOL Get the idea?  Start with System Requirements over there----------------> then proceed to the Putting Tips.

Don't let the meter get to you, everybody has the same one. Learn to recover if it bones you (instead of trying a heroic shot.) Friend me up (by clicking the name) and I'll show you some ropes. GL

YJ

• Larryj38
    8 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:55 AM

Hi

A couple of my family members convinced me to join here. I've watched them play & I don't know if I will ever be as good. I've only tried practice rounds so far and how embarrassed I was when they saw it.  Been reading forums here for a couple months now and they do look helpful. Only problem I have here is the bickering in the forums and after checking some members walls I am a little discouraged with the sportsmanship here. I saw a frequent poster with a vulger comment on it. Is this common here?  I would never want to come across a player like this in a game.  Is this the community I am joining where it's ok to do that?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:17 AM

Heavens no, Larry. Once in a while it gets a little ignorant but that's definitely not the norm. WGT will step in where they have to . Just watch how many welcomes and supportive posts you get from this.

Do not, I repeat, do not be embarrassed by anything you do on the course while learning. You will definitely progress to a good place by sticking with it and learning the game. Ask your family what their first rounds were like! 

I will be happy to help you if you like. See the above invite. GL

YJ

• ezduzit62
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:37 AM
    thanks for the info and the invite...I can't get the damn thing to stop on the line..LOL GO EAGLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........you guys kicked are butts in the world series thanx again.......EZ
  • drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:38 AM

YankeeJim:

Heavens no, Larry. Once in a while it gets a little ignorant but that's definitely not the norm. WGT will step in where they have to . Just watch how many welcomes and supportive posts you get from this.

I have to agree with YJ on this Larry. I have been playing this game for just short of a year now, and have met many very nice people. My advice is to browse the forums for helpful comments, and give helpful comments when you can. I personally don't spend as much time in the forums as I used to, due to the fact that some people have turned it into a battleground. I would say disregard any negative post you read. When you see the negatives start flying around, Take the high road, and just ignore them.

Have fun and good luck

• Larryj38
    8 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:50 AM

Thank you for the replies!   Glad to see there really are some good people here and I will try to concentrate on the game and stay away from the rest of the negative stuff.  I do hope that wgt clears off the unsportsman like comments though whether it be in the forums or on anyones wall.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:41 PM

Hope you do continue with this game. It's painfully obvious that there are good & bad influences on here.   WGT will do something if people are posting out of ignorance repeatedly.   If you see anything posted that you think is way out of line it's best just to report it. 

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:14 PM

Theres a certain "clan" on here that think they run this site, you will see who they are in time, because one always follows the other when they post something.But in general there are some nice people on here so enjoy your self and good luck...

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:18 PM
    Well, doesn't matter who your friends with as long as you always go your own way around here & use your best judgement you'll be alright.
RSS