Forums

Help › Forums

Re: soo much potential.

Tue, Dec 29 2009 2:48 PM (5 replies)
  • Ronin4419
    4 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 2:39 PM

I was really excited when my father in-law got me to try this game out. It is a well made, challenging game without all the cartoonish qualities and 20 under rounds of that other golf franchise. I was ready to spend the cash on a nice set of clubs and some tournies till I found out that no other courses are available to play. I have read that st. andrews is coming but everyone at WGT is mum on when which probably means that i should not be expecting it anytime soon. Is there any reason that they are after maybe the most prestigious in the world instead of getting a couple lesser courses for people to play? If anyone has any other info I would love to hear it because this is seeming like a waste of a great golf game.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 2:44 PM

It's slow going because it's being built from the ground up with proprietary technology.  That other franchise has a lot of their courses stored in CGI format, thus it's somewhat easy to "port" it over to the newest code base and plug it into the game.

St. Andrews is coming soon, the only semi-definite timetable we know is that it'll be before the British Open.  Absolute worst case scenario is 6 months.

There was also a recent article on the net (written on the 9th of Dec this year) that stated that 4-5 more courses were slated for 2010.  We don't know if that means CTTH or full stroke play, but it's something to hang the hat on nonetheless.

The best suggestion I can offer is to stick with it, grow with the game and watch them develop it.  You'll be glad you did.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 3:14 PM
    Great Job wgt....I came on board in July of 09 and in the 6 months that I have been "on tour" I do have to say - you are doing an outstanding job. The features that you have added in this short period of time is very wise marketing. What I mean by that is, you have made the game competitive for "all" players. From Hackers to your best Master's. In turn, you attract more and more players (players that love the game of golf) that will stay involved, keep coming to play and, push themselves to be the best they can be. My Hat goes off to everyone that is a part of the wgt team, and for your desire to make this the best Golf game ANYWHERE on-line. Finally, one feature that I have to highlight is Ready - Go tourneys. This feature - by far has been the coolest feature yet. "Why"? Because now, the average "so - so golfer" finally has a true chance to compete, and not so much as winning a tourney, but just to place in any tournament is a good feeling, and like I mentioned earlier, it pushes you to become even better. Thanks again World Golf Tour.
  • Ronin4419
    4 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 3:20 PM

Atleast having 4-5 new courses slated for the new year (even if they are going to be closest to the pin) is something to look forward to. Like I said I see a ton of potential in this game, and I would hate to see it fall by the wayside because of the lack of courses.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 2:07 PM

Ronin4419:

Atleast having 4-5 new courses slated for the new year (even if they are going to be closest to the pin) is something to look forward to. Like I said I see a ton of potential in this game, and I would hate to see it fall by the wayside because of the lack of courses.

hi ronnin4419

It was posted in one of the forums these courses will be stroke play WGT will not fall by the waste side im sure

cheers chippy

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 2:48 PM

We played for along time only on the front 9 of kiawa..so anything is good. CGI course design is very complex and expensive. Imagine the cost of having thousands of course pictures made, laying them over a terrain editor and then trying to match the terrain up to the pictures..difficult as heck. WGT has put out feelers for additional programers so I think there going to try to ramp up. Each month there adding more and more features that keep improving are lot..

On the horizon..

Additional features I'M hoping are added soon.

Stance adjustments for working the ball.

Lie should effect ball flight for side hills and such.

Ability to move golfer between the tee blocks.

More pin positions..

Left handed avatars.

Multiplayer CTTH contests.

All races represented in avatars.

Many more courses..

Keep on trucking WGT.

RSS