Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can't Stand Quitters

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 30 2009 2:57 PM (4 replies)
  • EOLinNC
    1 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 9:10 PM

I absolutely love this game but I have noticed one thing in the multiplayer section.  Roughly 80% of the players that play multiplayer are too afraid to finish a match when they hit a few bad shots.  So instead of taking a shot to the ego, they quit.  I've had people quit within 5 shots of a round or just now I had a player quit when he was on the last shot of the round.  I was up by 1 stroke and instead of taking the defeat like a man, he disconnected.  Its just a game people, relax and have fun.  Besides, I know these people that quit don't do it on the course in real life.

Annnnnyway

EOL

• Hawthy
    3 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 10:34 PM
    Maybe their boss walks in...
  • TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 12:58 AM

go to the ladders site to find matches they dont quit

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 2:17 PM

EOLinNC:

I absolutely love this game but I have noticed one thing in the multiplayer section.  Roughly 80% of the players that play multiplayer are too afraid to finish a match when they hit a few bad shots.  So instead of taking a shot to the ego, they quit.  I've had people quit within 5 shots of a round or just now I had a player quit when he was on the last shot of the round.  I was up by 1 stroke and instead of taking the defeat like a man, he disconnected.  Its just a game people, relax and have fun.  Besides, I know these people that quit don't do it on the course in real life.

Annnnnyway

EOL

Sometimes a person has no option but to quit. I was in a multi-player match Monday morning. I'm not sure how long a 9 hole match should have taken but 1 guy kept letting his time expire, 4th time expiration he was dq'd but it wasted so much time that I had a previous commitment that I had to attend to so I had to quit. I apologized to the other player before I quit explaining why I had to quit. I did this because I know how most of you feel about quitters.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 2:57 PM
    Six months from now you'll have enough friends it won't matter. Keep playing and enjoy!
RSS