Forums

Help › Forums

Slow 3-wood meter in multiplay

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 29 2024 11:59 AM (4 replies)
  • RyjaTybas
    5,143 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2024 12:33 PM

I've asked this question before, but there wasn't a definitive answer (and I can't find the thread: it was mid-2023).

Why is my 3-wood meter slower in multi-play than in solo-play, when it behaves as expected?.

Whether Coin rooms (multi-play) or Clash (solo-play), its the same issue.

I recently got a new 3-wood, thinking it might be my club, but it's not that.

I also thought it might just be me, but another CC member is reporting the same problem.

WTF is going on?

• BlackBogey
    287 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2024 6:20 PM

RyjaTybas:

Why is my 3-wood meter slower in multi-play than in solo-play, when it behaves as expected?.

Whether Coin rooms (multi-play) or Clash (solo-play), its the same issue.

Depends on the type of "solo" round you are talking about.  Apparel bonuses are on in coin rooms, Clash, and solo ranked or practice games.  That would make your meter seem slower (if you have that attribute selected).  In "solo" WGT tournaments apparel is almost always off, which would make your meter seem faster.  Match Play, Alt Shot and Skins it's optional and selected by whoever sets up the game. 

Plus on top of all that, depending on what level your apparel is at, it may not be that noticeable and it's all in your mind.  If in doubt set all apparel to "Basic" so that you get no benefits no matter what type of game you play and try it out.

• RyjaTybas
    5,143 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2024 2:39 AM

Just to clarify, the problem has nothing to do with apparel, it seems.

In solo play, including normal WGT and CC comps - as well as in Clashes - the 3-Wood meter is as expected - but in multi-play - including stroke-play v friends, and in coin rooms, the 3-wood meter is noticeably and consistently slower. 

Also, none of the apparel I wear involves altering the meter speed of any of my clubs.

• BlackBogey
    287 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2024 6:44 AM

Thanks for the clarification, I had just made a stab in the dark about the apparel since that's the only thing I know of that could change your meter speed on a particular club (other than slower/faster meter balls obviously).

Maybe you could contact customer service and get them to refund you for that particular 3wd, then re-buy it and see if you have the same issue with the new one?  I'm fairly sure I've read posts where certain clubs (a particular Nike putter as I recall) were nothing like the stats advertised, so WGT bought them back until the problem was resolved in a later update.

**Edit**  I have that same L90 3wd as you and don't notice any meter speed difference.  IMHO it's the best 3wd in the game, but the extra 8yds on average is a lot to give up so I waffle back and forth between that one and the L99.

• RyjaTybas
    5,143 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2024 11:59 AM

BlackBogey:
    I have that same L90 3wd as you and don't notice any meter speed difference. 

Thanks very much for your input.

When the problem started - about mid-2023 with a WGT update - I thought it was my old 3-wood - a no-longer available model.

But after getting this swanky new 3-wood - like your one - the problem was still there.

So I thought its me - not the 3-wood - and perhaps I need a comprehensive reinstall and cache clearance - and perhaps remove all active apparel - in case there is some leakage. 

Then a CC member said he was having the same 3-wood issue - which led to my post.

Customer service is an option, but I'm not sure it will help - unless they can replicate my old 3-wood, which I stupidly cashed in for virtual peanuts!

RSS