Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Howbout some new Pins ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 30 2024 11:01 AM (9 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2024 8:42 AM

Well while looking over the old courses it came to me that it was time for some pin updates. 

There are several courses that need new pins . Torrey Pines Erin Hills Olympic Club Pinehurst #2 and good old Royal St.George . All of these courses need some additional pin placements . So since we arent getting any new courses how about some new pins instead?

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2024 11:02 AM

lonniescott711:

Well while looking over the old courses it came to me that it was time for some pin updates. 

There are several courses that need new pins . Torrey Pines Erin Hills Olympic Club Pinehurst #2 and good old Royal St.George . All of these courses need some additional pin placements . So since we arent getting any new courses how about some new pins instead?

Hopefully we could get new pins on Pinehurst #2 for the VUSO this year

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2024 12:21 PM

borntobesting:

I think new pins on Pinehurst #2 are coming with the next update.

• BlackBogey
    285 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2024 6:24 PM

SamSpayed:

borntobesting:

I think new pins on Pinehurst #2 are coming with the next update.

This is true, there will be news posted by Nico Monday.  There will also be another tournament set up featuring all the new pins, similar to the Bear Trap Open they did for new PGA pins.  Also all Lucky Brand apparel will be replaced by Malbon.  As I recall the new pins and apparel were the big takeaways from Nico's Q&A on Discord Friday.

Oh, and they are fairly certain they will have a new course by end of 2024 (I think that's what was mentioned, could be wrong).

Unfortunately no Cinco de Mayo Sombreros @SamSpayed

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2024 10:15 AM

BlackBogey:
    Unfortunately no Cinco de Mayo Sombreros @SamSpayed

That's too bad.  I still think they are a good idea.

• Stlkcdc3
    280 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2024 12:22 PM

BlackBogey:

Oh, and they are fairly certain they will have a new course by end of 2024 (I think that's what was mentioned, could be wrong).

Please tell me they didn't find another 18 holes on the Pacific Dunes/Brandon complex. A course where we can use D1 would be nice.

• BlackBogey
    285 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2024 5:29 PM

Sorry, I have no idea what a "D1" is, but I doubt it will be on the Brandon complex.

Also after I re-read the transcript I realized he didn't say new course completed by end of year, but that they are in talks and hopefully have something contractually locked down by then.  So I kind of put words in Nico's mouth that he didn't actually say, so wanted to put that out there.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2024 8:31 PM

I believe he meant "driver" by D1. W1 (1-wood) would've made more sense, but anyways...

• BlackBogey
    285 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2024 5:09 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

I believe he meant "driver" by D1. W1 (1-wood) would've made more sense, but anyways...

I see Simon.  Or 1W, Dr, or even Driver (if you have the spare time to type those extra 4 keystrokes) 😉

And I'm sure they (Nico) were speaking to a new "full course", not a Par 3 or CTTH, so you you'll be able to use your D1, W1, 1W, Dr, or Driver whenever it finally does roll out.  I'm just anxious to see how long it takes SoCalJim to make a Double Eagle on it whenever it does finally come out.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2024 11:01 AM

BlackBogey:
    I'm just anxious to see how long it takes SoCalJim to make a Double Eagle on it whenever it does finally come out.

LMAO And that has to be done with "inferior" clubs + the rock, default starter ball, of course! 😆

RSS