Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How about a greater use for coins ?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 30 2024 12:29 PM (9 replies)
  • AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2024 9:43 AM

I saw that players can purchase 2.5 million coins for like $99.00.  Seriously, who in their right mind would do that since it seems to me that coins are basically useless.

But since WGT is charging real money for them that means WGT has assigned a value to the coins.  Since 2.5 million coins would cost about $100.00 that means the 2.5 million coins would be worth 10,000 WGT credits (since that is how many credits 100.00 would buy)

Mind you, this is the value that WGT is assigning to the coins by charging real money for them, not some arbitrary amount that I am pulling out of thin air.

So I think coins should be able to be exchanged for credits since both have real money values as assigned by WGT.

Since I have about 33 million coins, after doing the math that is the equivalent of approximately 136,000 WGT credits.

I insist that WGT add 136,000 credits to my account and set my coin level back to 0.

However, I won't be holding my breath on that request.....lol

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2024 11:25 AM

AceHoler26:

I insist that WGT add 136,000 credits to my account and set my coin level back to 0.

I bet you're turning blue...lmao

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2024 12:28 PM

callaghan159:

AceHoler26:

I bet you're turning blue...lmao

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.......I have a better chance of being hit by an asteroid

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2024 12:34 PM

AceHoler26:
    .I have a better chance of being hit by an asteroid

you bet

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2024 12:40 PM

AceHoler26:

I saw that players can purchase 2.5 million coins for like $99.00.  Seriously, who in their right mind would do that since it seems to me that coins are basically useless.

But since WGT is charging real money for them that means WGT has assigned a value to the coins.  Since 2.5 million coins would cost about $100.00 that means the 2.5 million coins would be worth 10,000 WGT credits (since that is how many credits 100.00 would buy)

Mind you, this is the value that WGT is assigning to the coins by charging real money for them, not some arbitrary amount that I am pulling out of thin air.

So I think coins should be able to be exchanged for credits since both have real money values as assigned by WGT.

Since I have about 33 million coins, after doing the math that is the equivalent of approximately 136,000 WGT credits.

The premise you're basing all of this on is faulty. Simply put: market forces (supply and demand) determine price not the company. Of course, this is somewhat complicated by the fact that WGT has a monopoly on sale of coins.

In this case, there is (at some level) a demand to purchase coins and only one company: WGT. So, they can set the price to what they want. Even so, there are practical limits. They've decided the practical limit is $99.00 for 2.5 million coins. They set the price at the level they believe others value their worth (i.e., demand). If they weren't selling at that price, they would lower the price.

But if they were to (in essence) announce some type of conversion plan, which amounts to a buy-back plan, there are two practical realities here. First, they don't need them. There is no demand. And second, with some players sitting on (literally) trillions of coins, the supply is (virtually) unlimited.

No demand + a virtual unlimited supply = extremely low price

If WGT ever did offer an option of coins for credits, I estimate the exchange rate would be a minimum of 10 billion coins for 1 credit.

That means 33 million coins would be worth a fraction of a credit.

Sorry. Those are economic realities. You are wise not to hold your breath. 😀

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2024 12:41 PM

AceHoler26:
    I have a better chance of being hit by an asteroid

Sounds about right. 😀

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2024 2:02 AM

Robert1893:

The premise you're basing all of this on is faulty. Simply put: market forces (supply and demand) determine price not the company. Of course, this is somewhat complicated by the fact that WGT has a monopoly on sale of coins.

In this case, there is (at some level) a demand to purchase coins and only one company: WGT. So, they can set the price to what they want. Even so, there are practical limits. They've decided the practical limit is $99.00 for 2.5 million coins. They set the price at the level they believe others value their worth (i.e., demand). If they weren't selling at that price, they would lower the price.

But if they were to (in essence) announce some type of conversion plan, which amounts to a buy-back plan, there are two practical realities here. First, they don't need them. There is no demand. And second, with some players sitting on (literally) trillions of coins, the supply is (virtually) unlimited.

No demand + a virtual unlimited supply = extremely low price

If WGT ever did offer an option of coins for credits, I estimate the exchange rate would be a minimum of 10 billion coins for 1 credit.

That means 33 million coins would be worth a fraction of a credit.

Sorry. Those are economic realities. You are wise not to hold your breath. 😀

I think you are getting way too far into the weeds with that economic explanation.  Do you work for the government ?  If not, you should....lol

To begin with.....when talking about "demand".....I think it's pretty obvious that far more players would be buying credits rather than coins.  I doubt the "demand" for the purchase of coins for real money is very big.  So, in fact, it is WGT that is assigning the monetary worth to the coins....whether or not they are selling a lot of them.  Which I would bet dollars to donuts they are not selling a lot of them.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2024 6:25 AM

OK. I'm back from the weeds.

WGT sets worth for coins.

Because WGT offers 0 credits for coins, WGT has determined coins are worthless.

As I noted almost 7 years ago: 

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/473324/3223859.aspx#3223859

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2024 9:12 AM

Robert1893:

OK. I'm back from the weeds.

WGT sets worth for coins.

Because WGT offers 0 credits for coins, WGT has determined coins are worthless.

As I noted almost 7 years ago: 

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/473324/3223859.aspx#3223859

I wonder how many suckers actually have paid real money to get coins.....and I guess I can't fault WGT for trying to sell something worthless for 100.00......lol.  Buyer beware as they say :)

LMAO @ that post.....would love to hear that to the actual tune of "War" by The Temptations lol

• craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2024 12:29 PM
    Bitcoins . They said that would never last but .
RSS