Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Error Code 1075

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 24 2024 8:10 PM (24 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2024 6:31 PM

My members are getting hit with the error a lot in the past two weeks, and it was never reported by them before.  Something changed, drastically, and it needs to be figured out.  Like in other clubs, this is happening in very important weekly and monthly tournaments that can’t be successful if a round is missed.

I hope WGT understands how widespread this has become.  My people have gotten tired of sending messages with no responsiveness other than “we are looking at it.”  So, they stop sending messages.  That should never be construed as “no longer a problem.”

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2024 8:49 AM

AlaskanDame:
    My people have gotten tired of sending messages with no responsiveness other than “we are looking at it.”  So, they stop sending messages.  That should never be construed as “no longer a problem.”

Unfortunately, that is exactly the way WGT sees it.  If people are not complaining, they think the problem has gone away, or lessened.

Several months ago, in a discussion on WGT Discord about the Showdown Bogey Glitch, Nico made a comment to the effect of "we haven't been working on that because there haven't been many complaints about it lately".  Yet that bug still persists (going on 5 years now).

My advice is keep complaining and keep posting about Error Code 1075 until it's fixed.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

• nopro17
    16,142 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2024 6:35 PM

AlaskanDame:
    My members are getting hit with the error a lot in the past two weeks, and it was never reported by them before.  Something changed, drastically, and it needs to be figured out.  Like in other clubs, this is happening in very important weekly and monthly tournaments that can’t be successful if a round is missed.

I posted the following in my club's forum today in response to the many messages from members:

I am really in a quandary here.

I absolutely hate seeing people being unable to play "important" rounds (e.g. Points Championship Tour, Virtual Tour, League).  It's completely out of your control and not your fault.  That's why I'm trying so hard to figure out some sort of procedure that always works for everybody.  It might be impossible but I'm not willing to go down without a fight.

Having said that, what do I do?  The thought had crossed my mind to suspend these "important" events until the problem is fixed. 

The argument for doing so is that it's nobody's fault and it occurs randomly.  We shouldn't be penalized for WGT's incompetence.

There are a couple of arguments against doing so.  First, only a few people are actually affected.  The other reason to not suspend the events is that we have no idea when or even *IF* WGT is going to fix the problem.

Ultimately, I decided to let the events run.  I know that it sucks massively for those of you who have run into the error and couldn't post a score.  It could happen to me too.  I'm actually hoping that I get the error on some unimportant round so that I can try to figure out a workaround.  So far, no bad luck. :-(

In the words of a famous philosopher ...

Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    Spock - The Wrath of Khan (1982)

We, as owners, try our best.  We also know that no matter what we do, somebody is not going to be happy with whatever decision we make.  In this case, there is no good option.  I had to pick the less bad option because fewer people will be upset about it.  That doesn't sit well with me and we're helpless to do anything about it.

SamSpayed:
    My advice is keep complaining and keep posting about Error Code 1075 until it's fixed.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Squeak, squeak, squeak ...

• Rick6208
    2,146 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2024 2:59 PM

THIS ERROR KEEPS POPING UP IN OUR CLUB TOURNAMENTS !  THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A MONTH NOW !

COME ON WGT ! GET YOUR CHIT TOGETHER!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2024 12:37 AM

SamSpayed:

If people are not complaining, they think the problem has gone away, or lessened.

Several months ago, in a discussion on WGT Discord about the Showdown Bogey Glitch, Nico made a comment to the effect of "we haven't been working on that because there haven't been many complaints about it lately". Yet that bug still persists (going on 5 years now).

Unbelievably absurd, ridiculous, nonsensical and preposterous! Wow...

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2024 1:13 AM

I got error code 1075 for the first time this week, in round 2 of a 4-round tournament that is my own sponsored monthly handicap tourney.  It has not bitten me in any other tourneys yet. Makes no sense to blame my ISP.

Fix it WGT, please, please, please.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2024 9:22 AM

From WGTNico just now:

It's still in progress actively being worked on. I'll have better clarity on if it'll be fixed in the next update towards end of this week, early next week.

• looselugnutz
    1,375 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2024 11:16 AM

We have some in our club with the same problem, and it can affect quarterly and specialty tournament standings and results. Unless and until such time that the issue is resolved by WGT, I've been creating a standalone round for the affected players to play so they can continue to participate with the others. It's a pain in the *** for the individuals, but it's the only work around that I can see for the time being.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2024 2:03 PM

SamSpayed:

From WGTNico just now:

It's still in progress actively being worked on. I'll have better clarity on if it'll be fixed in the next update towards end of this week, early next week.

Bravo! And yet... let's see, hmmm.... Which do you think will most likely come first in upcoming update(s)?

1. Silly looking shirts or hats added in the pro shop 
    2. New balls or clubs with increased price tags
    3. The Showdown bug ACTUALLY & FINALLY being fixed in FIVE years!!
    4. New bugs & glitches in attempt of #3 above and/or other issues

I'm going for #4. Wanna bet anyone?

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2024 3:19 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I'm going for #4. Wanna bet anyone?

I'm hoping for #1.  I want a Cinco de Mayo sombrero 🌮

RSS