Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Saving a screen shot/scorecard

Wed, Dec 23 2009 2:06 AM (7 replies)
  • Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:11 PM

Hey, just curious to see if anyone knows a way to save a screen shot besides using the print screen button or screen keyboard.  Wondering bc ive shot a few rounds id like to have saved but couldnt bc my toshiba laptop doesnt allow me to do either..any websites that have this possibly or any other options..Thank you

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:24 PM

K-I have a Toshiba laptop  too and I can do that stuff. Maybe it's one of the settings on yours?

YJ

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:25 PM

Does your laptop have Prt Scrn in blue somewhere near the insert key or number pad?   If so, you may need to hold down the blue function button (FN) while you press Prt Scrn to make it work.  Otherwise you're just pressing insert or whatever key it's sharing residence with.

The only other thing I could suggest is a cell phone or digital camera and just take a shot of the monitor.  Email it to yourself and then upload to tinypic from there.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:52 PM

First, take a look at this thread. (Someone unpinned it, don't know why.)

Then, the solution to your query is easy. Install the superb, light-weight picture viewer/editor IrfanView. Then open IrfanView and press the C key. That's all. A window will pop up allowing you to configure any key you like as your key to make screen snapshots. I chose F2 for this. Confirm, and then whenever you wish to make a screenshot, just press the F2 key and IrfanView will pop up with the screenshot already inserted in its window. You can directly save it to JPG, but you can also resize/crop it, etc. etc.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:57 PM

It's my understanding that InfanView has a slow meter speed...

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:03 PM

Not funny this time, Mochaman.    IrfanView is essential software that should be installed on every computer, period. It's so marvellously light-weight that the computer doesn't even know the software is active; I have IrfanView active all the time while I play this golf game, and it allows me to make lots of screenshots throughout my rounds without disturbing the gameplay in the least.

• Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:55 PM

Thanks for the advice guys..i googled this problem for toshiba laptops and its seems like its a regular problem...i checked my settings and everything seems fine..the phone is a good idea..i found this site http://files.uberdownloads.com/apps/LoadnGo_Snip/index.php does anyone know if this works or have heard about it? Don't want to DL something that might be a problem

thanks again..glad to see some forums can stay useful and not raided

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 2:06 AM

No disrespect, but the phone idea is preposterous. (I only had to do that once, to photograph an error message at a time when a computer was attacked by a virus that prevented the user from launching any software.) There are many types of software that allow you to make screenshots easily.

Yeah, LoadNGo Snip looks like one such software. The difference is, I've never heard of it and can't vouch for it (sometimes virus software masks as freeware), while IrfanView is world-famous, reputable software with many years of tradition & development, downloaded 46 million 413 thousand times from download.com alone.

RSS