Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Looking for equipment feedback

Tue, Oct 10 2023 4:45 AM (6 replies)
  • CarlLogan
    4 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 11:48 AM

Hey there, I'm Paul. I used to play this game a long time ago when it was very different from what it is now. I wasn’t sure this was the same game at first.

I could use some advice on setting up my gear.

Thanks in advance.

• GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Sun, Oct 8 2023 7:00 PM

You seem like you have enough skill that you'll advance in Tier fairly quickly.  And you're at low enough Level that you'll advance those fairly quickly too if you play very much.  If you're not wanting to spend much, I think you should keep those two things in mind. I'd wait on wedges until you hit the 50's levels then get the inexpensive MAX Spin wedges.  Tier is a consideration because you'll be moved to tees farther back as you advance, and you'll probably want to buy a longer driver at some point.

• CarlLogan
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 4:20 AM

The driver upgrade down the road is a good point and that may be something to look into if that bridge is crossed. Do you know what the spin is on those max spin wedges? 

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 1:55 PM

CarlLogan:
    Do you know what the spin is on those max spin wedges? I remember being comfortable around a 3 spin area

The level 50, 51 and 52 MaxSpins (90/75/60 yards) have a spin rating of 5. I love those max spins and even though I am level 101 at the moment, I still use these wedges.

I do agree with the comment(s) above, I would hold off for a bit before upgrading as you will most likely improve quickly and will find that, as you move back in tees, fairways become harder, if not impossible, to reach on some holes. At some point, you will want to upgrade the driver.

As for your old account, WGT can probably re-instate. Not sure if incorrect email address will pose a problem. It may not, as long as you remember your password. WGT has to make sure it is really your account. Additionally, if your old account was at Legend, depending on the equipment you had, you may still need to upgrade the driver.

As for getting your old equipment moved to your new account - NOT HAPPENING!!

• CarlLogan
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 2:06 PM

Thank you for the reply Hamden. All I remember about the old account is the picture I used for my profile picture but 30 years younger.

• GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2023 5:39 PM

As HamdenPro said, the MAX Spin wedges have a Spin of 5.0.  It's a lot of spin, but spin can be adjusted by moving the dot that allows you to select the amount of spin you want on a shot.  I have the 64° MAX Spin in my inventory and like it, but that's the only MAX Spin I've tried. HamdenPro obviously has a lot more experience with those wedges than I do.

I see you've added the L29 Vokey 60° (3.5 spin) to your bag.  If you're more comfortable with lower spin wedges, the stats on those look pretty good. The 3.5 meter matches your irons and driver which is a good thing, IMO.  I used the L91 MAX Meter 64° wedge until fairly recently because its meter matches my other clubs. That's a 3.5 Spin wedge. I'm currently using the L80 Vokey 64° (4.5 spin), but I do about as well with either.

You're already averaging under 70 which was what I was basing my estimation of your skill (and potential skill) on.  I think you'll move through the Tiers fairly fast. Master is where the need of a pretty good driver kicks in.

• CarlLogan
    4 Posts
    Tue, Oct 10 2023 4:45 AM

Thanks for everyone’s help. I am being guided by a TC friend from the youtube videos that got me back into the game. Thank you very much. Paul

RSS