Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Free GI-S Golf Balls(you chose color)

Wed, Dec 23 2009 9:38 PM (34 replies)
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:08 PM

All you have to do to receive this amazing offer is go to my page.I have some song lyrics in my status area.The first one to correctly guess the title and artist will receive the 3 pack of GI-S balls,you chose the color.Just post your answer on my wall.I will continue to do this until 12/24/09.All participants are welcome.

Good luck to all and Merry Christmas.

Larry

P.S. This will be done twice a day until 12/24/09 and no this is not a joke, I promise.Leave the desired color when posting guess.

I have decided that it should be up to the winner to pick their own ball type.The value can not exceed 90 credits is the only restriction.Thanks for playing.

I hate to add any rules but to give everyone a chance the only rule is this:

If you win the first challenge of the day you will not be eligible for the second challenge of the day.YOU WILL BE ABLE TO COMPETE THE FOLLOWING DAY.I hate rules but I just want to keep it as fair as possible.Some balls are not included in the "GIFT OPTION" so keep that in mind when choosing.

*In light of the facts brought to my attention by Faterson I have decided to add the* following requirements.I have added the "you fill in the blank"...Each little blank does represent a letter.To win all you have to do is post the Title and Artist same as before.

12/24/09        Todays first lyrics have been posted,no google please.

12/24/09        Todays last and final lyrics have been posted

Congradulations to all the winners and thank you for playing.I could not do this by myself so thank you for your help and participation.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 4:58 PM

Thanks Larry - Gold GI2s! - I feel spoilt :)

Merry Christmas to you.

Spacklero.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2009 5:03 PM

Your welcome Spacklero

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 5:32 AM

You sure you want to give me the prize. I did just Google the lyrics after all!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 6:43 AM

Yeah, I thought of that. Googling the lyrics is too easy, Larry; you might want to "encrypt" the lyrics in some way. For example, if that was Stairway to Heaven, you might want to call it Elevator to the Sky, etc., or whatever, so that it can't be found instantly via Google.  

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 6:59 AM

Thats a very good point Faterson.With me being new to the net I didn't even think about that.I'll try to out smart the google and come up with some lyrics and then see what google has on them.I'm sure this will not be easy but I been stuck in the house for awhile and don't really have anything else to do.lol.Oh well,I'm in the Christmas Spirit and it still adds a little bit of a challenge on their part.Just not exactly what I had in mind but nonetheless I'll just keep it like it is.Thanks for the input Faterson and Ellis

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:13 AM

EllisSpice:
    You sure you want to give me the prize. I did just Google the lyrics after all!

If you'll tell me the desired balls I'll send them right on over.I understand it turned out a little easier than I thought but it doesn't matter.

Larry

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:19 AM

I'm afraid most if not all song lyrics are searchable via Google. Encrypting lyrics in the way I mentioned might be fun, though. Here's an "encrypted" favourite song of mine, British golfers should perhaps recognize it more readily than others (for which I'd gift them a pack of BX-D balls ):

You wanna hear why I love you?
    Well I won't bother to tell you...
    You recall that night in London
    When we stumbled through the mist
    And assured our neighbours
    That we'd never believe differently.....

etc. etc.    Could still be located via Google, perhaps, but not that easily; some advanced Search operators, employed in the right places, would be necessary to identify the correct lyrics (which are otherwise no doubt available on dozens of webpages, this being a famous song).

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:49 AM

(Scratches head)....

Please let me know who gets that one 'cause I ain't got a clue.Your way seems to be a little more of a challenge.Thanks for your help Faterson.I might have to do some tweeking to my idea.

Maybe I could put the lyrics up with blank spots in them?They'd have to fill in the blanks to google the lyrics then.And if they're able to do that they should be more of a legitimate contestant.

What about that??

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:55 AM

Yeah... But then again, the Google equivalent for blank space is an asterisk (*), so if you search for "I * you", it will come up with "I love you", "I hate you", etc. Might still be too easy, while my "encryption" might be too difficult. Anyway, have fun! 

RSS