Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Free Club Passes

Fri, Jun 16 2023 10:07 AM (8 replies)
  • okiechuck
    6,481 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 3:06 PM

There has been some confusion in my CC about the Free CC passes with Turf Wars written all over the pass. Some do not want to use it because they think they are entering the Turf Wars. I realize that you need the passes in order to play the Turf Wars but that is not the main purpose of the Free CC passes. I would suggest that the Turf Wars be removed from the pass so folks will use the pass for their main purpose.

Cheers

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 3:51 PM

On the other hand ….. some clubs consider passes main use is for playing turf wars . Not all clubs chase xps . 

• okiechuck
    6,481 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 4:01 PM

bossbird:
    On the other hand ….. some clubs consider passes main use is for playing turf wars . Not all clubs chase xps . 

I understand but CC passes were to help Members and  Clubs level up long before WGT became an arcade game 

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 7:14 PM

okiechuck:

bossbird:

I understand but CC passes were to help Members and  Clubs level up long before WGT became an arcade game 

Hahahah , you can not live in the past , it is not the same game admittedly to what it was , but WGT is an inclusive game for players from different devices and wanting different things. Unlike your own club that excludes mobile players , we do exist , and perhaps in bigger numbers now than PC players , and turf wars are an important part of the game to those clubs. 

• okiechuck
    6,481 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 7:32 PM

bossbird:

okiechuck:

bossbird:

Hahahah , you can not live in the past , it is not the same game admittedly to what it was , but WGT is an inclusive game for players from different devices and wanting different things. Unlike your own club that excludes mobile players , we do exist , and perhaps in bigger numbers now than PC players , and turf wars are an important part of the game to those clubs. 

Yessir, my Club does exclude mobiles as they were not compatible with PCs. I was tired of getting the "cross platform" message when I invited someone to a game. And mine is not the only PC only Club for the same reason. I have nothing against mobiles or those that choose to play on one but, I would have been happy for the mobiles have the coin games and leave the golf game to the PCs. But this back and forth is not getting the message changed on the CC passes to stop the confusion. It can still have the Turf War message just not so prominent.

• AlaskanDame
    18,995 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 8:18 PM

This discussion is quite interesting.  I’ve never noticed any writing on the free passes, except maybe “CC” on a gray rectangle.

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 10:01 PM

AlaskanDame:

This discussion is quite interesting.  I’ve never noticed any writing on the free passes, except maybe “CC” on a gray rectangle.

Furthermore I think they have always been the same , it’s not like they have just changed !

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 10:07 AM

Thank you Paul for acknowledging the value of mobile players . 

To Okie ….

I understand the original posters post but I don’t understand why it is now . The passes have not changed . All you have to do is communicate with your members when you prefer that they play their passes , and why.

As  for the reason you still exclude mobile players , this I still do not understand , we play cross platform now . We as mobile players can play skins and alt shots , we can add a boost to your super passes by winning turf wars , and furthermore , we often have a more instinctive play of the game . As you will see from my stats , we also play lots of ranked rounds and tournaments. 
    Lesley  

RSS