Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Custom Course editing problems

Wed, Jun 28 2023 7:41 PM (6 replies)
  • RyjaTybas
    5,140 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2023 5:07 AM

I planned a light edit of two of my Custom Courses - basically swapping around 2 holes on one course, and switching a hole to a new one on another course - but in both cases it said "Oops! Could not save course". Any ideas what might be going on?

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2023 8:09 AM

RyjaTybas:

I planned a light edit of two of my Custom Courses - basically swapping around 2 holes on one course, and switching a hole to a new one on another course - but in both cases it said "Oops! Could not save course". Any ideas what might be going on?

Are you trying to edit the Custom Course on the website, or within the app?

On the website, I think only the creator of a custom course can edit it.  But if you have a free slot for a new custom course, you can hit the "copy as new course" icon, then modify the copy, and then delete the old one.

Not sure how it works in the app.

• RyjaTybas
    5,140 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2023 9:48 AM

Sorry, I should have been clearer! I'm doing it on the website, as usual, and have the permissions needed. The courses weren't in play either.

Looking back, I had this problem a couple of weeks or so ago - about editing an existing course - although creating a new one seems fine.

But I wouldn't like to keep recreating courses from scratch in order to edit them!

I've never had this issue before until that first problem emerged (in May probably).

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2023 3:45 PM

It changed for me around May, too.

If I had 10 courses before May, I could still edit one of them and then save it.

Now, if I have 10 courses, I can’t do that.  I have to have an open slot in order to save edits of an existing course.

• RyjaTybas
    5,140 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2023 7:57 AM

That's very useful information. Thanks.

Another bug that WGT might sort out - eventually - but at least there is a workaround, by the sound of it, so long as all 10 custom course slots are not already filled.

• RyjaTybas
    5,140 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2023 10:59 AM

AlaskanDame:
    I have to have an open slot in order to save edits of an existing course.

Just to confirm - this worked for me as well. 

Cheers.

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2023 7:41 PM

RyjaTybas:

AlaskanDame:
    I have to have an open slot in order to save edits of an existing course.

Just to confirm - this worked for me as well. 

Cheers.

Good!

RSS