Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Change in search criteria hits for random MP game

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 4 2010 1:44 PM (4 replies)
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:59 PM

I don't know if this is by design or a bug, but I've tried searching for available MP games with the criteria set to "Master" (stroke and match play, any for other options) and have been put into a game hosted by a "Pro" tier player.

Before the upgrade, I would end up in a game with another Master tier player or there would be no hits for the search (which is good).

edit:

Now it seems to be working.   Maybe it's a sequence thing, I'll see if I can replicate it.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 4:57 PM

This is the sequence that replicated the problem for me.

Try to join a random game with all of the options in the previous post, stroke play.

Joined a game correctly with Master tier player.

Game gets cancelled by the host (prior to even loading game, still in game lobby).

I try another search, same criteria.

I end up in a game hosted by a Pro tier player.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:49 AM

Bump... kind of.... I think what's happening here is a master has set up a game with no conditions, didn't like the opponent he/she found, left the game without teeing off, and the pro is left in control of the lobby which was originally set up as a master game.  Therefore your search finds it.  It's been happening to me lately too.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:57 AM

Hmmm....that may be it.

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 1:44 PM

this happens to me multiple times daily and i have submitted multiple bug reports on this very issue daily for the last 5 weeks or so as i get paired with Amateur , Pro and Hack teirs with regularity

RSS