Re: To my fellow Veterans

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 13 2011 8:28 PM (9 replies)
  • titus1919
    130 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 7:33 AM

"The Bravest Man I Know"

by Amanda Whitney

The bravest man I know. Is a man I've never met. He's a man who risks his life To save a friend, Not only to save a friend, But to save a nation. Risking his life For those he does not know. Stepping up Leaving loved ones behind, So that somewhere, Someone else won't have to. He is a man who follows orders Even though he knows he might die. The bravest man I know. Is the man who would rather die, So one more person could go home To see his family again. The man who stares death in the face, But never blinks. The bravest man I know. Is the man who risks his life So one day the world may be a better place for his children. Or any man who goes against his biggest fear. DEATH Just to save someone he loves. The bravest man I know. Is the man who fights So another man can have the taste of sweet freedom. Not fighting only for his own benefit, But for many others all over the world, Fighting to make this world a better place. That's the bravest man I know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 10:39 AM

My Great Grandfather went to France in ww1 and received a silver star. My great uncle was at Pearl Harbor when the crap hit the fan. Another Great uncle fought in the battle of the bulge, came home and killed himself. My uncle went to nam and received a silver star. None of them ever talked about any of it, so I am told in most cases. Nevertheless, I salute every and all that serve. God Bless!

Lily 

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 12:51 PM

titus1919:
    "The Bravest Man I Know"

Very interesting topic Titus.........I do realize this is reference to Veterans Day and to those who risked or gave their life for freedom and/or country. I do salute and give homage to all those who have served and fought for my freedom.

THANK-YOU from the bottom of my heart.

David

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 2:12 PM

May God Bless you David, and he will.

Lily

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 3:16 PM

NICELY PUT,,

Happy veterans day all.And to those of us and you, that served in the USMC.

One day late,but happy birthday,SIMPER FI

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 6:18 PM

thank you ,we ,i forget i sit here playing golf,knowing men and woman,give there life that we can all have freedum,that i take for granted sometimes ,,,ty again...and i salute you.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 7:44 PM
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them.
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 9:18 PM

thebigeasy707:
    We will remember them.

sume it all ty ,707

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 10:17 PM

thebigeasy707:

We will remember them.

Lest we forget

• Greyfeather
    8 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2011 8:28 PM

Thank you to my brothers in arms. For those that did not get back. For those that made it back and left a part of their soul, their spirit behind, thank you.

And thank you that said such heartfelt thanks. It's good to know that it wasn't for naught.

Peace

George Greyfeather

RSS