Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Greens at Bethpage

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 16 2009 4:52 AM (4 replies)
  • goldenbear34
    4 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:02 PM
    I have been having trouble landing the ball on Bethpage's elevated greens. I am on the master tier, and every time I hit a shot to a high elevated green it either comes up short or rolls right through the green. I wasn't sure if the only way is to have a ball with a lot of spin. Just need some advice. Thanks
  • SMC1967
    41 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:10 PM

Have you found the spinn tool that puts xtra spinn on your ball? Do you irons have xtra spinn?

haveing said that it still hard to keep the ball on the greens at times. Look at my profiles at the shots Ive saved.Ball hits in front of the green and runs all the way thru the back of the green.

• goldenbear34
    4 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:29 PM
    yes i always apply full backspin, although my irons don't have a lot of spin, the closest i can get it to the hole is when it bounce just in front and rolls towards the hole.
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:54 PM

goldenbear34:
    yes i always apply full backspin, although my irons don't have a lot of spin, the closest i can get it to the hole is when it bounce just in front and rolls towards the hole.

i think it was virtual golfs no1 that wrote in another post when hitting to an elevated green the balls natural arc is cut short therefore the ball lands harder &faster, hence running all the way to the back off the green. my suggestiion try landing the ball full backspin on the front edge of the green and it might pull up its physics happens in real golf too

merry cristmas chipshotcharlie  hope this helps

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 4:52 AM

I use the WGT TOUR-S Golf Balls.  Look at using these or possibly one of the others from the Pro Shop.  Look at the indicated "Spin" rating.  Once you get used to how they land and "bite" the green you will find that you save strokes - at least this was my experience.  Much easier to land the ball not only ON THE GREEN but importantly it is easier to keep closer to the hole when it lands.

Specifically to your question - I am routinely able to land and HOLD the elevated greens at Bethpage in Regulation with these.

Regards, AtlantaCoaster

RSS