Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Questions, questions from Lodian!?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:07 AM (2 replies)
  • Lodian
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:19 PM
    This game is fun, yet frustrating because in order to get any better I have to purchase equipment with actual $, or try to place super high using poor equipment, to win more credits which is very, very hard! Not only that, but I bought 3 new golf balls with some of my credits that I was rewarded, and during play the game took them away, and I didn't lose any of them, so that was a little strange!?
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:16 PM

hi  Lodian, for companies like WGT, they have to have income for server costs and to pay employees. They are in fact very clever about the way they make income. I.E> sponsorship money from advertisers and money from us to buy all the cool toys they  offer. They have also recognized the fact that many people have no money and have made it possible to play entirely for free. But I do understand your frustration..I have seen many people that play  very well with the stock clubs, especially on kiawaa Island. Tournies are tough to win without equipment however, The CTTH comps can be won without any fancy equipment at all..this i can prove..A few simple purchases can be made without breaking the bank. A good driver and putter are important, perhaps a 64% wedge and some balls. With good execution you can play very well..i made master simply by purchasing a Ping rapture driver and a redwood putter...When you make master you will need better equipment. but considering the fact you can play this game free, a full set of nice clubs will be under the cost of most games..i pay about 15$ per month for balls...big deal...if your a young person that loves the game, mow a lawn, rake some leaves. Pick some berries, what ever it takes..it is your choice!

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:07 AM

The "premium" balls that you buy have a "durability" factor, meaning that they wear out just like real golf balls. And yes, you can also lose them in water or by going out of bounds. Type in -durability- in the search box for more info. GL

RSS