Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putting meter

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:45 AM (3 replies)
  • rycostl
    7 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 8:34 AM
    does anyone know if there ever gonna make the putting meters more accurate how can i hit a 50 foot putt thats 2 inches up hill, i aimed about 48 feet and it goes 57 makes no since they need to fix something there.
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:08 AM

Go to Pro Shop and see the wide variety of putters available.  "Precision" and (sometimes) "Forgiveness"  are specifically related to more precisely measuring putts.  Be aware that in many cases you might have better PRECISION but the swing meter will be Faster.  Sometimes not - it all depends on which putter you choose.

If you acquire a different putter, then it may have better control to address what you are asking.

Regards, AtlantaCoaster

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:26 AM

rycostl:
    does anyone know if there ever gonna make the putting meters more accurate how can i hit a 50 foot putt thats 2 inches up hill, i aimed about 48 feet and it goes 57 makes no since they need to fix something there.

In all likelihood it is a misinterpretation of the 2" up. That is an overall ht change. If the putt moves uphill at the beginning and then the end is downhill the downhill will have more effect on the putt causing the distance issue.

• rycostl
    7 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:45 AM
    well i have the spider putter its pretty good. i know the greens are fast but it doesnt see right maybe im just making a deal of nothing not sure. it just seems like if the max of a putter says 25 its more like 32-35 on level ground, guess the greens are just that fast.
RSS