Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Playing For FUN Vs. Obsession With Averages And Tiers

Tue, Dec 29 2009 8:11 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 11:56 AM

I'm gunning for the diamond ham and egg award.   :)

I agree, people take this game way too seriously, especially MP.   It seems every time I join a random game, the people are always too focused on trying to be competitive with me (most pro tier players I come across), instead of just playing their game.

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:49 AM

I concur and agree 100% on the points you made...however, just remember that what is fun and competitive to you is not always the same as what is fun and competitive to others.

With respect to the mulitplayer rounds though...I couldnt agree more.

• BlackDragon84
    21 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:50 AM

Some folks enjoy trying to make their statistics as pretty as possible.  To each their own.

In my late-teens and early-20s I was competitive to the point of absurdity (and enjoyed it, more or less); but when you're holding the gas pedal to the floor like that, your tank won't last very long.  I burned out something like four years ago, maybe five.  Now I just play a few rounds per week casually and don't care much what I shoot.

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 5:42 AM
    My name is Norm...and I disconnected. I thoroughly agree with this post and am here for the challenge and fun, but last evening, I committed the crime of disconnecting. There were 4 of us and I was doing horribley on the first or second hole played. I was tired and probably shouldn't have joined as it was an 18 hole tournament. Wouldn't it be nice if we could "pickup" and score a 10 or something? My reason for disconnecting was not because of points (i really could care less) but felt I was holding the others back.
  • PadraigMurphy
    16 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 7:00 AM

Or how about the Bull shite frezing up in matches too!!! This is complete crap and it needs to stop !!!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 8:11 AM

With an Irish name like Padraig Murphy I can understand how you would have an Irish temper.  We all feel the same frustration with the meter.  Mc#$#^&(#&%!!!

• PAGES
RSS