Forums

Help › Forums

Jumpy Swing Meter

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 12 2009 7:50 PM (0 replies)
  • mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2009 7:50 PM

I'm just curious, but it seems that my swing meter gets more jumpy during busy internet hours. In fact, I just butchered a weekly tournament because the d*** thing got jumpy the last three holes. I understand I can just let it swing through if it gets jumpy, but that's kinda difficult to do when it doesn't do it until right before the "sweet spot" on the meter.

Again, this is just my observation, but it seems that the swing meter being smooth depends on a steady (and speedy) internet connection. I've done all the optimizations (cache clearing, etc.) and it doesn't seem to make a lick of difference when my 'net connection is laggy due to other traffic. I'll get jumpy swing meters all night. Log back in at 2am, and it's miraculously much smoother.

Is there any way to optimize the player for these instances? Maybe it's just me, but the swing meter should be pretty constant and not reliant upon the player's 'net connection. And I'm not saying this IS the case, but it's the way it seems to me.

RSS