Help › Forums

Re: Don't take this game too seriously

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 5 2009 11:42 PM (1 replies)
  • AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 9:30 PM

Greetings folks,

This will be the best advice anyone will ever give you. It's in the subject line.

There is a very good reason no one has ever considered hosting or attempted to host a game of precision through an internet browser. It's severely inconsistent. You can do everything within reason and even go to extremes to ensure an optimal experience in this game. The truth is, that will never be enough. There are too many interventions outside of your control and outside of the control of WGT to remedy any type of true consistency.

Don't expect this to change. It will only get so close and then stop. Don't let this discourage you from playing the game. Skill is a major factor in your success. The top players here are very skillful and fight with the game as much as everyone. They are neither cheating the system nor extremely lucky. They practice and live for the game.

In closing, keep this in mind when you've exhausted all advice and the meter jumps. It will. It will jump again. A game of true human precision can't be replicated in electronic form. With that, take the game seriously, just don't take it too seriously.

Happy golfing,

Adam

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 11:42 PM

Thank you, this is an excellent post. And thank you for your other troubleshooting posts.

My desktop PC was built by me for  digital media production (and also runs this game near flawlessly)

My laptop on the other hand is totally erratic performance wise with this game. I am  positive that if I wiped it and installed the OS the way I wanted it, and not the way TOSHIBA wanted it, this game would run a little better. But my main enemy with the laptop is heat. If you are playing on a laptop, do not expect this game to run smoothly if you have it in your lap! (and don't expect to reproduce either! lol)

Also if you have some of the self desktop PC, you probably have a pretty crappy Power Supply and insufficient cooling, which will bring any system to it's knees regardless of of processing power or the amount of RAM you have . If you have reason, roll your own PC, but don't do it for this game. (That said, this game is much more of a resource hog than it should ideally be!)

I mostly play on the laptop, out of convenience, even though I know I can shoot a few strokes better on my desktop... and enjoy (most) every second of it despite of it's performance.

RSS