Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hello Everyone!

Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:35 AM (4 replies)
  • dannwo
    1 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:05 AM

Hey, I used to be a Links LS player for years, playing ladder matches and going into the room which used to have so many players.  Now, finally this maybe be as close to that as possible.

Now....if I can only figure out how to hit the friggin' ball!!!!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:11 AM

Welcome.

I highly recommend you read the "How to hit the ball" and "Putting Tips" in the FAQs list.

Another good informative thread is the chipping tips made by Iconian (a simple search should bring it up).

Good luck and have fun.

PS:  Since you mentioned ladder play, there is a user created ladder system for this game as well (with hundreds of users).   I don't have the link offhand, but I'm sure a user will come along with the link for the ladder site.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:21 AM

dannwo:
    Hey, I used to be a Links LS player for years,

Me too and there are a few LS vets here.( I was TS_YankeeJim). This game is very close to what we knew then.I think it's harder for different reasons but if you dug LS you'll be addicted to this real quick. GL

YJ

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:34 AM

marioh:
    there is a user created ladder system for this game as well (with hundreds of users).   I don't have the link offhand, but I'm sure a user will come along with the link for the ladder site.

The link is WGTLS.co.uk (stands for "WGT Ladder System", and it's a British site). We'll be happy to welcome dannwo & everyone else there.

• dabatman
    5 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:35 AM

Welcome...  Like I kind of learned the game by trial and error over the past few months.  Hit me up sometimes.  Always looking to play with fellow online golfers.  

RSS