Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Level 90-130 Tour pro's Cheating?

Mon, Feb 5 2024 11:53 AM (27 replies)
  • Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2023 1:07 PM

I have been reading serval post related to the WGT "handicap" system, which is what I assume they are trying to do.  As mentioned, it has failed miserably.  You have people with a 150 average at the Legend level and I have no idea how they did it since their average does not meet Legend requirements.  I won't even get into the ranked round requirements.  Here are my two cents on what needs to be done...

-First off, I assume WGT is trying to create a realistic golf experience.  If so, why is it one has to attain a certain level to get better equipment?  It is not that way in the real world.  Sell equipment to those who are will to buy it, regardless of level or tier, just like the real world.

-I realize that would be a huge advantage to lower levels from short tees so the "handicap" system would have to be further revised.  I suggest something like a normal handicap system in golf where one logs their scores and a handicap is created.  Problem with that is I am sure there are some who would intentionally "tank" rounds in order to boost their handicap.

-My initial thought was to have WGT log EVERY score of EVERY round automatically and calculate handicap but again, someone could intentionally tanks rounds to boost handicap.  Maybe something like using ten lowest scores average to calculate handicap.

-Get rid of apparel bonus clothing!  Again, if attempting to create a realistic golf game, I have never worn any apparel in the real world that increased my ability or distances!

Not sure what the best answer is, but something needs to change.  Right no we have a cross between an arcade game and an attempt to create a realistic golf experience.

• oohaahh
    375 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2023 10:02 AM

....but if they were playing in tournaments and winning credits they'd have been tiered up?

If they're playing in the three tier tee coin rooms then they're not really threatening to do much. The 4.5k maximum win doesn't even cover your ball hits for a 9 hole match...so you couldn't win anyway. I've not seen many TPs in the Montreal room or higher (except when they're lost).

As WGT claim that beating higher tiered players in coin rooms will in any case get you tiered up if you do it regularly they're clearly not even being successful there....

A level 90-130 TP should be congratulated for their persistence in playing the game. Sandbaggers tend to win their credit haul at much lower levels....ie third week playing and shooting 8-9 under in tournaments with great clubs....but it's unsustainable for long without getting tiered up or found out and booted...

• BobOrr3
    4 Posts
    Thu, Dec 14 2023 3:03 PM

I have been stuck in Masters level for a while and now am accused of cheating.  I have no clue on how to Level up

• GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Thu, Dec 14 2023 11:52 PM

BobOrr3:

I have been stuck in Masters level for a while and now am accused of cheating.  I have no clue on how to Level up

40 Ranked Rounds played as a Master combined with an average of 63 will advance you to Tour Master.  There's also some mysterious way people are advanced by playing coin room games, but I've never seen anyone say exactly what it is.

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2023 12:54 PM

I believe I ranked up from Master to tour Master from coin games I only played about half of the ranked rounds required at the time but was winning a lot of games from the 250k coin room, same thing when I went to legend I did not play all the rounds that were required but started winning some of the 500k coin rounds and a couple of the ready go tournaments and ended up leveling up. Curious how it's going to work if I move up to tour legend considering I have nowhere near 500 ranked rounds

• lucky10057
    7 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2024 5:08 PM

I played mostly 180 games and was promoted to master at lvl 64 avg 150. why isn't everyone?

• lucky10057
    7 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2024 5:13 PM

I played coin games only to keep from losing my coins in higher rooms. I was promoted to master at lvl 64 avg. 150.  You mispelled fair. I feel your pain.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 11:53 AM

lucky10057:
    You mispelled fair.

Misspelled... or misspelt, if you were in the UK 😉

RSS