Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Worst Hole?

Sat, Jan 10 2009 3:19 PM (6 replies)
  • Rayj00
    43 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 2:52 PM

I think the 2nd at Kiawah really sucks!!!

I usually have to lay up twice!!! On tee off and 2nd shot!!

I hit a second shot just now that apparently hit something and the ball did a quick left for a loss of yards!!!

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 3:04 PM

I have to agree that the #2 at Kiawah is the worst.  I also have to lay up a few times. I never got less then a 8 on that hole.

• KillerRabbit
    31 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 3:09 PM

NUMBER 4  period

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2009 8:27 PM

I have to agree with KillerRabbit on this one. #4 is definitely the most difficult due to the second shot usually being a 3 iron or longer to get to the green. Add the fact the direct line to the hole is over greenside bunkers and the shot is too long to drop over them and stop (with these clubs at least) by the hole.

#9 comes in a close second, due to the fact the fairway slopes up to the green, which means I will need to chip on 90% of the time and miss any birdie chance.

However, I'll give some credit to #2 in certain wind conditions, and I think it's the one than can cause the most fits if you mishit the ball a lot. I just scored a 10 on the hole because I pulled a Costner in Tin Cup and kept trying to hit it over the stream hazard on my 2nd shot and lost 3 balls.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2009 4:48 AM

Hi,

I dont think this hole is the worst at all. Heres how I play it.

First Shot. You need to get a good tee shot on this hole. Maybe around 230 yds. Take a driver.

Second shot take a 3 wood, and put it straight down the middle. Aim left of the traps. You should be able to clear the brook crossing the fairway without to much trouble.

That should leave you a 3rd shot of around 60 - 70 yds, and you can put it fairly close from there and get your birdie.

Thats how I play it and its not really that hard.

Just get on that practice round and keep practicing, you'll get there.

Cheers

Doug

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2009 8:55 AM

274 I think is the cutoff for crossing that ditch on #2 with a 3W.  Also, the right side of the fairway across the ditch is a few yards closer than the left side is.  Aim your 2nd shots there.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2009 3:19 PM

I think I may have solved my difficult hole #2 at Kiawah, previously I went full strength and got in trouble every time.  Today I played my second shot a 3 wood up short and ended up parring the hole in practice for the first time.

RSS