Forums

Help › Forums

Re: chips verses pitch/balls taken out of play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:16 AM (4 replies)
  • Moltar
    8 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 8:40 PM
    first ill start with my ball i just spent 24 credits are one by one taken out of play with no reason. please someone explain this to me. Also the one thing that bothers me the most is some places on the fringe you have to use full strenght just to get it past the fringe than the ball goes30 ft past the hole. how do i shot this from happening. I have played this game for just about a month now. i make all the compensations on the holes that give me the most trouble from round to round and i cant something consistent to understand the controls (speed bar, aim bar) if the ball lands short i do not get a favorable roll to the hole, if i miss the hole the ball will roll past 30 ft. are there any masters out there that can give some real tips that this web site will not. thanks moltar
  • igiveup
    110 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 12:13 AM
    ANy balls that are purchased have a durability rating. When you play its the slide bar next to the ball. Purchased balls will be more responsive and travel further When chipping, the chip needs to land on the green you be effective.... so learn to pitch instead. Good luck
  • lardog18
    15 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 3:14 AM

I have found chipping to be a joke at times. I try to chip only on the fringe, if in the ruff I think about pitching or the flop. One thing to remember what I have found is your chip has a tendency to run out more. The flop shot comes out right, so make your aim adjustment.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 5:12 AM

lardog-You have a better chance of sinking a chip than you do of flopping one in. Never ever hit the chip less than 50% power or you'll duff it. The first bounce has to land on the green and expect it to roll. Use swing strength (always more than 50% but doesn't have to be max) backspin and topspin to control the length of the roll.

Aim in the reverse view and plan the shot like a putt. Don't forget the green speed and elevation change.  If you select the putting mode you will see the grid and green layout. You can aim there then switch to the chip and fire away.

Do not be afraid to chip from the rough close to the green, it will work. Find a suitable green, hit into the rough around it, practice the chip but don't sink the putt after-just putt back into the rough and try again. You have 10 shots per hole to play with and don't post the score (or do this in practice mode.) It will work. GL

YJ

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:16 AM

Sage advice YJ,

This is should also be required reading for every member. Iconians chipping guide.

RSS