Forums

Help › Forums

Re: PCEA won't open

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 25 2020 9:07 AM (4 replies)
  • AZWillieB
    15 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2020 5:27 PM

Beginning earlier today when I try to load PCEA I see a small window with a message that there has been an important update with a button 'Update Now'.  There is no other option and when I click the button, the main window closes and nothing happens.  When I try again to open it, the same thing happens.  Bottom line.  I can't open the PCEA version at all!  What's up?  Anybody know?

• ScottHope
    10,121 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 5:14 AM

Try reinstalling it Willie. Instructions

• AZWillieB
    15 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:44 AM

Thanks, Scott.  But for me to go into my registry and open a can of worms that several seem to have had problems with is not my cup of tea.  I will return to the Flash version for now and likely rue the day I put money into anything Topgolf!

• ScottHope
    10,121 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:52 AM

You don't have to go into the registry Willie. In my instructions, there is a link to a file download. When you run that downloaded file, it will do all that is necessary within the registry without you having to go in there yourself. All you need do is OK a couple of warning pop-ups.

If you don't like the end result, the restore point allows you to put things back to how they were.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 9:07 AM

Will the new early access final version be able to play against mobile/tablet players?

RSS