Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newbie

Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:31 AM (3 replies)
  • AZKAHUNA
    5 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 7:11 AM
    Just signed on a few days ago. Love this concept, but what's up with players signing on and disconnecting before the second hole? Happened 3 times. Was it something I said? They didn't like my avatar? Where else can we play a round of golf in the comfort of our own home whenever it strikes you? I sure hope most of the players are not elitists.
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 7:28 AM

The problem you are running into is players protecting their average. If they hit a bad shot they quit. 

The best advice is, post all your rounds. This way you do not advance to tiers that you are not ready for. Once you have been here awhile you will amass a group of friends that play the way you want to play.

If you are interested there is a ladder site that tracks WGT games and for the most part people there are very helpful and friendly. (and they don't quit)

At any rate.....welcome to WGT. Hit em straight.

Vitaj

• eaglejlake
    4 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 12:24 PM

This game is so fun . I have not purchased any special equipment: clubs, balls etc. and currently I am @ 72.9 professional. I sometimes will leave a game if I become frustrated. The better plan is to save and come back fresh. Then you can birdie up and get back some strokes. I also will stop and save if I am doing great because odds have it I'm a human and I'm going to screw up here soon. The key however is posting all rounds as you conveyed in your post. If you have a bad round, move on ready to play again. I will stop and replay good shots, bad shots, and miss hits that turn out good. I learn from every shot. Have fun!

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:31 AM

Get used to the disconnects - Ive had 10 in  row before now! Much better to play the 9 out and duck out on the last putt imo.

Take a look at ladder games if you want a better class of multiplayer competition. Great players there and very few if any quitters.

RSS