Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Greens are getting harder to putt on !!!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 3 2021 6:03 PM (30 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 10:38 PM

WGT does occasionally tweek the greens to vary it up for us.

We have to adapt.  

But I am also going to say. lot of bad experiences at this ...'t

sometimes my eye/read is better and sometimes it is worse.  It isn't always WGT's fault.  Sometimes the idiot behind the putter is the problem.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 5:20 AM

jacktrade51:

WGT does occasionally tweek the greens to vary it up for us.

We have to adapt.  

But I am also going to say. lot of bad experiences at this ...'t

sometimes my eye/read is better and sometimes it is worse.  It isn't always WGT's fault.  Sometimes the idiot behind the putter is the problem.

+ 1000'

Most times its me. These 3' lip outs are annoying though

• Arpie
    26 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 7:09 AM

I haven't seen this response posted yet so here goes my conspiracy theory.....the more hits, the more balls you have to buy.  Increase the number of lip-outs and putts missed by an inch or less and increase hits.... thus head to the pro shop to buy more balls.  As one TopGolf genius said a while ago, "We need to increase revenue"..."but how?"  "Oh, I know how!  hehehehehehe!

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 7:13 AM

Arpie:

I haven't seen this response posted yet so here goes my conspiracy theory.....the more hits, the more balls you have to buy.  Increase the number of lip-outs and putts missed by an inch or less and increase hits.... thus head to the pro shop to buy more balls.  As one TopGolf genius said a while ago, "We need to increase revenue"..."but how?"  "Oh, I know how!  hehehehehehe!

The only problem with the theory is putts don't count against hits on a ball. The only time they would count is in a practice round if a person takes a mulligan on a putt. 

• Arpie
    26 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 8:12 AM

With 5800 posts, you seem pretty knowledgeable about WGT, but unless you can point me to the rules section that supports your statement, I'll continue to think that if it's a stroke counting against your score,  it's also a hit.  Thx

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 8:18 AM

Arpie:
    the more hits, the more balls you have to buy.  Increase the number of lip-outs and putts missed by an inch or less and increase hits.... thus head to the pro shop to buy more balls. 

as noted, putts don't effect ball hits (this has been tested and confirmed pretty much), but that doesn't account for all of the scenarios that impact ball use or why the theory has came about.

That said, I will say, your theory is also heard or referenced to the seemingly higher number of "forced tiebreaks" in mobile coin games, where the tie break does consume more ball use. 

Remember- the game stats identifies average distance to the pin in your approach shot - so CTTH stat is already available to determine who won - without going to another tie breaker shot.  But, sending you to tie breaker - rather than using that stat over 1 3 or 9 holes - does consume more ball hits - even though a stat is available to determine essentially the same thing.  So yes, it can feel like - in some aspects - the game is designed to consume more unnecessary ball hits to perpetuate more ball sales.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 8:30 AM

Arpie:
    With 5800 posts, you seem pretty knowledgeable about WGT, but unless you can point me to the rules section that supports your statement, I'll continue to think that if it's a stroke counting against your score,  it's also a hit.  Thx

From the FAQ section:

RSS