Re: Showdown wind

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 5 2020 1:39 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 10:10 PM

https://youtu.be/x-w9q864a7E

There were two power stations close by Richborough power station was demolished in 2012, Dungerness nuclear powerstation i believe is still in commission, Dungerness flats is is a good plae to fish for some enormous cod

SimonTheBeetle:

andwhy67:
    And Royal St Georges too, in Kent, on the English Channel, which is the busiest shipping lane in the world, i grew up 25 miles from there, i can vouch for the wind blowing up the channel for some decent English links golf. 

Speaking of Royal St Georges, is it just me or anyone else also noticed the twin cooling towers of nuclear reactor aren't there any more since some time ago?

Are they really demolished IRL or simply erased in the game by WGT?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 11:59 PM

@andwhy67

Thanks for the info, mate.

And cod... it's a fish that fed human beings for a long time. When I went to Spain years and years ago, I saw at a market fish dealers selling salted semi-dried cod cut into big square blocks. It was so delicious when it was pan fried in olive oil that I still can't forget the taste of it! :)

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 6:51 AM
    SimonTheBeetle:

@andwhy67

Thanks for the info, mate.

And cod... it's a fish that fed human beings for a long time. When I went to Spain years and years ago, I saw at a market fish dealers selling salted semi-dried cod cut into big square blocks. It was so delicious when it was pan fried in olive oil that I still can't forget the taste of it! :)

Mmmm 😋 lol
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 7:35 AM

pdiehm:
    At least you got to play. I was sitting at -7, awaiting for my next set of 3, got tired of waiting, exited out and got a message that my round is over and the game gave me bogeys for my final holes. Pissed is an understatement

It's been said every single showdown. every time someone posts about this.

do not exit out of a room  when spinning if you're doing a showdown.

• kingiling
    512 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 8:00 AM

This time was a little different for me.  Opponent forfeited on the final green, and in the past it just goes through the forfeit and lets me continue my showdown.  This time got an error dialog with retry/cancel options.  Tried retry 5 times to no avail, then hit cancel.  Game never returned with just spinning next to my player waiting for the shot clock.  Eventually had to quit, and of course bogey.  New bug (for me at least).  Sent in a support request.  Is that a common bug that an error pops up on a forfeit even after both players have hit shots?

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 11:57 AM

kingiling:

This time was a little different for me.  Opponent forfeited on the final green, and in the past it just goes through the forfeit and lets me continue my showdown.  This time got an error dialog with retry/cancel options.  Tried retry 5 times to no avail, then hit cancel.  Game never returned with just spinning next to my player waiting for the shot clock.  Eventually had to quit, and of course bogey.  New bug (for me at least).  Sent in a support request.  Is that a common bug that an error pops up on a forfeit even after both players have hit shots?

i found a workaround when this happens. but it's not a great solution. it's just better that getting a bunch of bogeys.

Retry won't work. And Cancel will give you the bogeys.

Instead close the app itself without exiting.

What will happen is that the game will just get dropped and you won't get the bogeys. 

However you will have to start that three hole set all over. no score will count.

I hadn't seen that bug in the last two showdowns so i was wondering if they'd fixed it. All the forfeits and close outs for me have continued on no problems last two months.

anyway I assume my workaround still functions.

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2020 1:39 AM

Hi i experienced that glitch during the  "SEARCHING FOR AN OPPONENT" time, in the showdown and in Turf War.

I realize that when its spining for a while tap on the screen several times (or click on it) and usually suddenly an opponent appears.

If it spining again after that dont cancel get out of the room with the arrow left top angle.

• PAGES
RSS