Fri, Jul 31 2020 3:08 AM (26 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 1:54 AM

Senga20:

WGT Member Services (WGT) 

Jul 3, 2020, 11:27 AM CDT 

Hi Dee,

We have actually removed this ability in our last update, becoming invisible is no longer available on the mobile version of the game at this time. It will be coming back, it is something that our team is looking on improving. We are sorry for the inconvenience and if you have any other questions or issues, please don't hesitate to message us back anytime.

Have a nice day,

WGT Member Services

Any chance of adding the ....red..... blue....green....hidden.... my status buttons to the new version?

Cheers

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 7:11 AM

blackridgenik:
    I have the same problem and I go to the web page to turn it on but can',t and get the following message 

This is a secure (https) page. 
    Your game status and friend list are not available on secure pages. 

.. it was working this morning, i changed it this morning so i could play Showdown in peace.

It will not work on a SECURE page (page with “https” at start)  Some of the WGT.com pages are secure and others are not. You have obviously gotten it to work since the change but you will just have to try a few to find an non-secure page. The forum ones are generally not secure but the CC ones are. 

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 8:37 AM

Thanks I have now got it working, when I bring my profile page up there is a little sign that was hard to see or easy missed, clicked on it and a box came up with the message that adobe flash was disabled for this page would you like to enable it, so thanks anyway

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 9:19 AM

DonCaron:

Beachgirl1995:

Today’s upgrade of the game eliminated the ability to go from Visible to Invisible.     I play on my iPhone 8 And now cannot be invited by friends to play.     Did this happen to everyone?

Go to the web game and turn yourself on

If WGT made it impossible to go invisible wouldn't that mean the default setting is visible? The OP's complaint was they couldn't go invisible.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 11:12 AM

YankeeJim:

DonCaron:

Beachgirl1995:

Today’s upgrade of the game eliminated the ability to go from Visible to Invisible.     I play on my iPhone 8 And now cannot be invited by friends to play.     Did this happen to everyone?

Go to the web game and turn yourself on

If WGT made it impossible to go invisible wouldn't that mean the default setting is visible? The OP's complaint was they couldn't go invisible.

No the update did not default the status to visible, because i was invisible prior to the update

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 12:51 PM

YankeeJim:
    If WGT made it impossible to go invisible wouldn't that mean the default setting is visible? The OP's complaint was they couldn't go invisible.

In order for that to be true you would have to also assume that WGT has any clue what they’re doing!!! Even WGT customer service has incorrectly stated that players are now “visible” by default in their responses to inquiries on this. 
    Unfortunately this is wrong ... what they in fact do was just remove the button. So whatever status you were when it was removed is what you’re stuck with unless you change it by logging into this site or the Flash game, both of which require a Flash enabled browser.
    Why they removed the button (even temporarily) from a platform (Mobile) where players does not have access to make the changes from what they normally play on (many mobiles/tablets cannot run Flash) is the real question??? 

• Chelsea144
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2020 8:59 PM

Can you please help me I became invisible as well to play in peace and now I can not return my stays back....I understand to go to an unsecured page but I need a walk through ...I am still unable to fix this

• Senga20
    3,046 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 5:37 AM

MarchieB:

YankeeJim:
    If WGT made it impossible to go invisible wouldn't that mean the default setting is visible? The OP's complaint was they couldn't go invisible.

In order for that to be true you would have to also assume that WGT has any clue what they’re doing!!! Even WGT customer service has incorrectly stated that players are now “visible” by default in their responses to inquiries on this. 
    Unfortunately this is wrong ... what they in fact do was just remove the button. So whatever status you were when it was removed is what you’re stuck with unless you change it by logging into this site or the Flash game, both of which require a Flash enabled browser.
    Why they removed the button (even temporarily) from a platform (Mobile) where players does not have access to make the changes from what they normally play on (many mobiles/tablets cannot run Flash) is the real question??? 

They have now reinstated the visibility button or a new banner with the option rather in the recent update.   Now apparently a banner appears when one accepts a friendly game, giving the option to be visible/invisible. HOWEVER ... the problem is that they have updated but failed to address the invisible issue so many of us have been enduring and have informed them about.  Hence I am still invisible, no one can invite me for a game, rendering the new ‘improved’  option completely inaccessible for myself and those in the same boat.

The old adage comes to mind “if it ain’t broken don’t try and fix it.”

Dee

• DeirdreO
    90 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 6:47 AM

There are a few folks in my club who were “Invisible” when the option was removed from Mobile app, and are now stuck on Invisible.  They play mobile..no PC or Laptop..so cannot even attempt the above alleged solution.  

can WGT Champion or someone please address this?  The earlier response that everyone defaulted to “Visible” when the option was removed, is incorrect.  

thanks 

• RedRockster
    691 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 2:05 PM

Actually the whole friend interface if very cumbersome and unusable.  We need not only to see if a friend is active, or not, but need the availability  of that person.  I get multiple requests to join a game when I am already in one because PCEA does not change status when a game starts up.  The messages to decline do not include an option to respond to person who invited you, just 3 generic canned messages.  Flash version lets you write a response indicating that you will be available in XXX minutes or whatever you want.

Also needed is ability to message a friend, so if you have a scheduled game (especially in a country club tournament)  you can contact that person with your available schedule.  My ability to do this in flash is messed up so I can't even do it there,  & I didn't want a complete wipe of my record to get it fixed.  I decided I would wait for feature in PCEA.  

I am wondering now if any of these VERY usefull features will ever be endorsed by PCEA,  if not I may just give wgt up and find something else to do.  That would be sad because I really enjoy the game and am accepting the different play on PCEA.  Yes a lot of game play improvements have been made, but little else.  It would be nice when an update is made that it would have a message indicating what was changed.  Also a good forum where we can see what is planned and when they may be expected.

Thanks

Paul

RSS