Help › Forums

Re: Friend Visibility and Return To Game Countdown

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 4 2020 2:11 AM (40 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 8:40 PM

callaghan159:
    Also noticed today that there is no reverse camera from behind the green. I usually use this option to watch opponent putt or what shot they might take. Also used it myself for putting. Any way, played my first A/S today using new version and the putting is a challenge for me. Going to take some rounds to figure it out.

I don’t know if all the available camera views in Flash are available in the other versions. I do know that you have no control of the cameras when your opponent is putting so whatever view is showing is what you’re stuck with.  As far as the putting on PCEA/Mobile the only thing I’ve heard is that the dots move at half the speed of Flash. I personally just putt on feel for the break but if you use some type of dot counting method you may need to adjust your numbers to reflect the slower dot speed. In theory the breaks should still be the same as it’s based on the green slope imaging taken for each course when they were originally scanned.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 5:08 AM

MarchieB:
    I personally just putt on feel for the break

That is the way I put...by feel. Like I said earlier I am just starting to dabble in the PCEA and find most of my putts are missing below the hole, but I am zeroing in on getting closer. 

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 9:08 AM

Follow up to my last text. I discovered this morning that even though you are invisible that if you have played a friend and have a record with him, all they have to do is click on the black records box and you will be sent a request to play.

• Sarahk8
    22 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:03 AM

GAC4151:

My concern is that it will not be fixed.  A few years back WGT make an update and the visibility button went from the home page to where it has been till now meaning the only way to change it was to start a game.  WGT said that it would correct the visibility button back to the home page but they never did. I’m guessing didn’t reach a high enough priority. Time will tell.

I use the practice putting green to change it, well until now :-/

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 2:39 AM

Gac, I know it looks like you can send invite even though it is black , I don’t believe it works . Having tested it , if the invisible player is live , it won’t let you press the black and invite them. If they are not live , it looks like an invite can be sent , which is useless as they arnt live to accept it ! 

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 3:11 AM

I’ve tried it and its worked for me and I have had others invite me even though my light was turned off. Your right that its just a shoot in the dark, but nothing to loose.

• GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 3:15 AM

What I am clicking on is the black box with your record against that opponent.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2020 4:20 AM

Ok thanks for that , but so far , none of my invisible friends say they see invites from me .

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2020 10:32 AM

Pdb1. Do you play mobile on android or iPad ?

our problem is , If we don’t have a laptop , there is no way to change visibility. 
    I was visible when the update was done , and therefore remain visible , but some players for their own reasons were not . Now they cannot make themselves visible , so what’s the solution ??

wgt , some kind of response would be good , emails to you directly go unanswered , but surely there is someone here who can offer some help to mobile users with no access to PC or laptop. 

RSS