Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Apparel Benefits

Thu, Jun 29 2023 11:31 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 9:29 AM

JD the 500 Credit “Appearance” Option allows you to separate your apparel Abilities (game enhancements) from their Appearance  (what you look like) by giving you two separate tabs. You can then chose a set of apparel just for the enhancements and a second set just for how your avatar “looks” like. With this you can also chose all basic items for no enhancements, and still wear items that would give enhancements just for the look. 

Also when playing on Mobile/PCEA/Stream you can easily see what your opponents apparel is to verify if they are using enhancements or not by clicking on their profile during a game. There is an Apparel tab that will show the current apparel that they are using for enhancements on a LH column “Stats Gear”. You can click “view specs” for each item to see what its enhancements are. If the player has the Appearance option they will also have a second column of apparel under “Appearance Gear” which is just for the look of their avatar.
    You should also be able to do this if you are playing on Flash by opening the App on your phone or  loading the PCEA Launcher and going to your friends list and looking at their profile.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 10:25 AM

Thanks Marchie  "Great Info" ....as always!!

JD

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:15 AM

good morning, sorry to resurrect this 7+ month old thread but is there still no way after almost 7 months of discussion to turn this off altogether?  I don't care what other players do, I don't want the added abilities of this nonsense affecting my own play.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 9:48 AM

TWEDLAKE:

good morning, sorry to resurrect this 7+ month old thread but is there still no way after almost 7 months of discussion to turn this off altogether?  I don't care what other players do, I don't want the added abilities of this nonsense affecting my own play.

The only way I know of is for you to equip apparel items that have no benefits, eg. the WGT basic items.  

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 10:06 AM

TWEDLAKE:

As mentioned above if you want no abilities then you need to set all your apparel to Basic items (shirt/pants/shoes) and None (hat/gloves) or to any items that have no apparel enhancements. This will leave you with a very generic player avatar.  
    You can separate your Apparel Abilities and Appearance for the best of both by reading my detailed explanation a few posts above this.   

• Gjdr
    11 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 12:59 PM

You can enable basic apparel in that sections settings.

theres better looking free apparel in the pro shop,so you don't have to be the gray man.

I don't know why you and others on this thread say it's affecting your game.

I can use a more advantageous club setup.I don't have a 3wood anymore because my 3iron will hit the same distance.

The only difficulty I encounter is the 25yard gap between pw and 9 iron .

The extra driving distance means that I use wedges mainly for the approach shot,allowing me to use a cheaper ball.

I suppose it's like anything else complained about with this game,you need to look at your device setups and see if that's causing problems.

• KMY091047
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 6:23 AM

JD

What is the difference between a PCEA player and a Flash player? How are "Boosts" turned on and off?  Are apparel benefits additive or duplicative across the different components? For instance, how does a +25 for driver distance associated with a glove react with a +23 for driver distance associated with shoes?

Thanx

Michael

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2022 7:07 AM

KMY091047:

• What is the difference between a PCEA player and a Flash player?
    • How are "Boosts" turned on and off? 
    • Are apparel benefits additive or duplicative across the different components? For instance, how does a +25 for driver distance associated with a glove react with a +23 for driver distance associated with shoes?

Thanx Michael

• Don't worry about Flash as these posts are a few years old. Flash No Longer exists. There is only a PC/MAC APP (Launcher) or the Mobile version for cell phones and tablet devices.
    • Apparel Boosts can be chosen to be ON or OFF in certain Multiplayer game modes found in the PC/MAC Launcher versions such as Match, Stroke,  Alt shot and Skin matches. As Well Apparel Boosts are automatically turned OFF for all WGT and CC tournaments and this is shown by a little symbol of a circled t-shirt with a line through it, which means that Apparel Enhancements do not work.
    • The quick answer would be yes they stack and are additive but for most of them this would not be an issue as there are only certain items that add specific enhancements. Your example of driver distance shoes and gloves does not exist as there are only 3 SE hats that add driver distance and since you can only wear one hat they cannot be stacked. While there are some that can be stacked they are not items that can be easily quantified such as increased Putting Forgiveness and Precision or Rough/Sand/Brush Surface Power
    Your best bet is to go through all the apparel items a decide which ones you feel would add an increased benefit to your game and use those.

• PascalGanador
    18 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2022 7:24 AM

I don't see any change in the exp earned after a round (e.g. a ranked solo round, so a round where apparel is working) when wearing apparel that should increase xp by a certain %.

I do notice an increase in driver or wedge distance in these rounds and I have also notice increased coin earning after playing a coin game.

Is it so that all apparel additives are functioning well, except for the exp increase?

(I guess increased putting forgiveness or something like that is pretty hard to measure)

• Sarcee
    186 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 11:31 PM

I have been playing on and off for 10 yrs..and I cannot get any of the additional clothing bonuses except for what I am NOT wearing...and when I do it's already the maxed out. I have been playing against masters and below who have the entire gold set???? What the heck gives??

Sarcee

• PAGES
RSS