Help › Forums

Re: John Daly's a quitter..

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:55 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 6:07 PM

watched him play at the open at st andrews twice. great guy to follow and he talks to the crowd like they are human unlike a few golfers not to name. had time for people interacted with the folk watching and he can play golf too.a character which there is not to many in sport nowadays.

• TonyPhil
    74 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 3:46 AM

He's actually a pretty good guy. He lets children play at his country club for free, and his actual membership for adults is dirt cheap. He said on Feherty that he loses over $200,000 per year on his country club so he can let the kids play and learn unlimited golf.

• onlymarsden2
    89 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:42 PM

I agree. He has a good heart. We as players.. be it online or real golf have no idea how hard it is to play at that level.

Sure the media loves to make a buck out of him; but how many of you can say you've walked a mile in his shoes, or even come close to playing that kind of golf that he, or any other tour player plays.

internet tough guys want to give it a go? lets see you go through Q school.  

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 9:36 AM

How many have a go at the Rolling Stonesfor all their years of hard living......Has Paul McCartney suddenly stopped a little blow? Doubt it!

Leave John Daly alone I say.  As Long as behaves on course I don't care to attack him.........

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:33 AM

I am pleasantly surprised to read these responses!  I like the guy as he's our every man kinda guy.  easy to root for for me.

only 2 times have I laughed at his actions.......trying to drive across niagra falls.......and........trying to drive across niagra falls. okay, so maybe it wasn't 2 times.....and just 1 long time laugh (the whole show.......it was even live broadcast lol)

that said.......I still might add him to my block list if he walked off during a wgt match lol

• brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:07 PM

looks like rory is a quitter also .

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:55 PM

yeah, but you know he wants to throw those new clubs in the water lol.  oh, i mean..........he had a tooth ache

• PAGES
RSS