Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Version of WGT Golf

Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:47 AM (193 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,091 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 1:13 AM

JDGHOST:
    well my issue is... I like fullscreen OFF so I can at least get to my computer home-screen if needed ....BUT when I turn off fullscreen (regardless) of what resolution is set.... it cuts off the bottom of the WGT home-screen  so everything on bottom is not accessible?

Yes, that sounds a bit odd JD if you can't see the bottom of the game window in any resolution.

You could go to fullscreen via the task manager method if you have a smallish screen. Or have a look at THIS for more resolution options.

• LindenVA
    41 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2020 1:13 PM

Long time member, 2010, and I agree.  I believe they are trying to PUSH everyone over to the Steam platform, which really sucks, you can't adjust your window size.  And now the LAG between mouse click and registration is OUT of CONTROL.  It's terrible.

• callaghan159
    6,221 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2020 3:23 AM

LindenVA:
    the LAG between mouse click and registration is OUT of CONTROL.  It's terrible.

I play mostly flash but have played a few EA version games....(not through steam)... and have no issues at all. 

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2020 3:57 PM

I lost 2 balls in 4 holes on new version. Apparently if you double click on screen it moves the aimer. Never again.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2020 4:11 PM

LindenVA:
    you can't adjust your window size.  And now the LAG between mouse click and registration is OUT of CONTROL.  It's terrible.

The two are related, Linden. I had the same problem and learned that the fix involves screen resolution and the mode you pick in the video tab. Use 4x3 and don't go full screen. Instanty made it smooth for me.

Look at page 7 of this thread.

• thor49
    1 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 3:53 PM

Totally agree. This new version sucks. Can't control shots. Took all the fun out of it. I'm a long time user, but I think I'll come back much later to see if they fix it or I'm out.

• coolgramps11
    61 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 7:25 PM

I am having a real problem with the new version loading. The game gets to loading,and it just spins. It will not load. I tried the PCEA, and stream version , and the same result. I uninstalled and reinstalled both . It still just spins. I have high speed internet, and its working fine.I want to keep playing but if this continues, when flash is gone, so am I 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 3:32 AM

thor49:

Totally agree. This new version sucks. Can't control shots. Took all the fun out of it. I'm a long time user, but I think I'll come back much later to see if they fix it or I'm out.

Apologies, but I'm not sure your scoring is the NV's fault... :-;

• JDGHOST
    6,774 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 3:37 AM

OH BOY...I thought they were gonna remove the ability to click "PLAY NOW" But keep the original WGT.com page and most needed "OLD"style friends list ?? 

This will be a HUGE issue because we all know the PCEA friends list is junk and when setting a game everyone that shows GREEN is not Really available to play!!!

This will need to be fixed ASAP....Along with the random joining games and random invites which DON'T work at all...

And we lost our CC homepage where you can see and access CC tourneys easily ...The personal connection in Country Clubs and member participation will suffer Greatly now !! 

JD

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 4:15 AM

The look of WGT page is different but you can access everything as before.

For the Country Club homepage just click on your name and a drop down of choices appears and select "My Country Club" and it will take you to your clubs homepage where you will see it like you are use to.

Far as I can tell we will be able to use same as before we just have to learn where things are located with the menu options on the left now instead of at the top.

Good Luck,

Michael

RSS