Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Deceptive World of "Unlimited" Play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 16 2020 1:11 PM (1 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 6:15 AM

Some five year into this game, I find myself avoiding any tournaments that offer "unlimited" play. Why? Because I believe the end game is at best, deceptive. For me, competing in unlimited play tournaments is an exercise of futility. If I am honest with myself and play one round, it is highly unlikely I will every win because some crazed gamer who is driven to be on top will play and play until he wins. I have been guilty of this myself and I am embarrassed to admit that my current average does not accurately represent my actual skill level. It should probably be closer to 62 than 56. Nowdays however, I find much greater satisfaction in the game when I know I have competed fairly...win or lose. Just needed to vent.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2020 1:11 PM

I've played a legit 500+ games of stroke and my average was set by wgt at about 69. I've played alternate shot almost exclusively since (13,000 games) and I am now level 120. For my trouble, I've been called a sand-bagger, although I have no idea how you sand bag from the back tips. Also, I play for nothing except the pleasure of social interaction.

I therefore ignore the trolls and simply play this game for what it was meant for...enjoyment. 

I would suggest you do the same...at the end of the day, this is a cartoon designed to kill time.

ct

RSS