Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Flash "AFTER" DEC 2020 ....This may work?

Thu, Feb 9 2023 5:54 AM (67 replies)
  • Butcher762
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2020 6:08 PM

WTF!! Just bought a new driver and it wasn't added to my inventory. What gives? WGT...you listening? How do you fix this? Not the first time you have made error with my account but this was a big one. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 11:51 AM

Butcher762:
    WTF!! Just bought a new driver and it wasn't added to my inventory. What gives? WGT...you listening? How do you fix this? Not the first time you have made error with my account but this was a big one. 

Try reading the responses you got in the other place you posted this same complaint: Welcome to WGT.

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2020 1:01 PM

Wutpa:
    Try reading the responses you got in the other place you posted this same complaint: Welcome to WGT.

+1

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 8:38 PM

fireman33:

Just play the new version on your pc. Lot of the bugs gone and plays very well

LOL - lots of bugs in that too,  Right now it keeps dropping folks from games that PC players like.

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 10:16 AM

fireman33:

Just play the new version on your pc. Lot of the bugs gone and plays very well

I will continue my best to "Walk against the Wheel"

And buck the conformity of just accepting the "New" versions of this once wonderful game as "MY" only way to continue playing....If I am wrong come Dec...So be it...I will bow my head in defeat !! ....These are my opinions and not to discourage people from playing the PCEA/Mobile versions ...If you like um ...Enjoy!!

What made WGT great and above all other Golf Video games (IMHO) ..Was how much more "REALISTIC" it LOOKED and played....Which has been lost on the PCEA and was NEVER in the mobile versions...

I do understand that "Flash" is not owned by WGT and some things are simply out of their control...But that being said ....Just because "Adobe" is folding up shop that does not mean Flash capability is Dead....I have done A LOT of research and it will live on past Dec 2020....More to follow...

• Gazzamius
    273 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 10:30 AM

JDGHOST  Heheheheheheh  !!

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 7:30 PM

Gazzamius:

JDGHOST  I absolutely agree with you.  I too am on a quest to find out how this original flash version can be continued after December 2020... because i believe the flash version has more soul and character and is more real to life than the cartoon adventures of the HTML version.  i believe wgt.com will lose thousands of members if this cannot be rectified. I will be one of the lost sould to wgt.com. i have really tried to like the new version but it just kills my spirit to continue.  sorry wgt.com but i am no technician to HTML protocol and whether you could have made it more like the Flash version.  but i'm afraid it just STINKS.  shame because i have been here for close on 9 years now. and i still believe it's the best and most realistic format out there. and i do realise that adobe are killing it off because of the security issues etc, whatever that may entail.  but in the time i have been playing it i have never ever had an issue with any security problems with my PC. i use the most up to date security software and malware security also. and i also know that you as a company had to do something to make up for it.  but the HTML version is dead in the water as far as i am concerned.  i have played gamers that like it.  but i am sure when wgt.com see their revenue drop drastically, they migh..just might invent something a little better than a game  where even the women's avatars look ike they have just gone 10 rounds with joe frazier. that's my two penneth for the new game.  so i will be losing a lot of money invested over the years. asi will no longer be playing if something cannot be done after 2020 is over.   good luck and stay safe to all fellow golfers.  regards  gaz

I have found the solution Gaz....I will be glad to walk you thru anytime m8...Message me if your interested....The 2 set-ups I have running will continue to run Flash well past the supposed "Adobe death date of 12-31-2020...

As long as WGT does not pull the plug on flash Version (which I feel they won't)

BTW you mean the PCEA Version... I only wish WGT moved to HTML5 (like most every other flashed based Gaming site did) Then we would not be having this discussion ...The Flash Game we ALL love would have been virtually identical on HTML5... 

Cheers,

JD

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 10:10 PM

borntobesting:
    Maybe using an older version of a browser that doesn't block flash by default. The browser that I use most of is  Comodo Dragon  29.1.0.0. It is quite old and uses NPAPI flash  by default because PAPPI flash wasn't around when Comodo released it. It doesn't block flash by default. It is the same browser that YJ uses, It is very stable with a very smooth meter. 

JDGHOST:
    The 2 set-ups I have running will continue to run Flash well past the supposed "Adobe death date of 12-31-2020.

It's good to see this thread get back on track.

To add to the conversation about what browsers and setups may work (and which may not), I recently tried playing WGT on the Pale Moon browser with the Adobe Flash Player 32.0.0.433 NPAPI plugin.  Pale Moon is a Mozilla-based browser that has not, to my knowledge, announced that they will be removing Flash support.  So it may continue to work past December 2020.

I will say, though, that I noticed a couple issues with it:

1. I had to turn ad-blocking software off on wgt.com in order to get the web site and game to load without errors
    2. There were a few minor meter stutters in the 9-hole round I played.  Mostly with putting.  I don't know yet if that can be remedied by changing some of the Adobe Flash Player settings.  I'll play with it some more.

Hope this helps.

• Gazzamius
    273 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2020 2:59 AM

Hi JD   Heheheheheh  !!!

RSS