Help › Forums

"Flash no longer supported December 2020"

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 14 2020 7:02 AM (3 replies)
  • scubateacher79
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 1:18 PM

Hello all, 

Apologies for being behind the times if I am. I run WGT on Google Chrome with Flash. Every time I log in to play, I get a message stating that Flash will no longer be supported as of December, 2020. 

I am not terribly tech savvy so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am somewhat limited in additional apps/software I can load on this computer.

Thanks in advance

-scubateacher79

• Steelhouse
    110 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 4:01 PM

I too had the same problem but I went to this link and downloaded for my system, follow all directions for your computer, pretty simple install.  After install the popup disappeared and Chrome works like it should. Should be not a problem with data storage from installation.(https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/)

Windows 10 / Windows 8

Windows 7 / Vista / XP

Mac OS X 10.10 - 10.15

Linux (64bit)

Linux (32bit)

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2020 1:48 AM

Hello scubateacher,

First, type or copy/paste this into your address bar...
    chrome://settings/content/flash
     ...and hit enter, then click on the... Block sites from running flash ...to turn it on. Counterintuitive I know, but that should get rid of that annoying message.

Go to any WGT page and click on the Not secure at the left end of the address bar. From the dropdown menu, click on the options box opposite Flash (if there) and select Allow. If flash is not there, click on Site settings instead. On the site settings page find Flash and choose Allow from the options box.

Each time you re-open your browser to WGT, flash will be blocked, so you will have to click on Not secure and select Allow from the Flash option in the dropdown menu (it should appear there from now on).

• scubateacher79
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 7:02 AM

OK, great! I'll check it out.

Thanks Steelhouse

RSS