Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tiers!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 11 2020 12:14 AM (7 replies)
  • Phoenix1948
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 12:27 AM

I don’t understand how the tier system works! I was made a Master at level 35 and a tour master at level 70! I have played no ranked rounds, and I have an average of 150! I just play coin games! 
    I regularly play tour pros with levels in the 90’s with averages in the 60’s! Most of them have level 90’s gear! Enlighten me please! 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 9:20 AM

Phoenix1948:
    I have played no ranked rounds
    This explains that you are on a special path just for mobile players.

Originally, only 9 + 18 hole strokeplay rounds would move the average and eventually raise players in the tiers. This works totally independent of XPs and levels.

Mobile players like you don't play strokeplay. That's why the average would never move from 150. WGT has implemented a system of "tiering up by levelling up", and this is your path. At certain levels (which have not been gathered by the players), mobile players get tiered up.

Have fun!

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 12:15 PM

alosso:
    "tiering up by levelling up",

I don't think it's levels because pro-tour pro is at 50 if haven't done it by then.

Could be something to do with quality of opponent that he has beaten. 

I had something happen to me where i went from TL to C and only had 69 ranked rounds played after i hit TL.

I play mostly coin games with some Flash play rounds here or there. 

I remember years ago i went from Master to TM and TM to Legend after winning Ready gos.but that's not it because he said his average is still 150.

has to be some kind of competition algorithm. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 2:08 PM

Mythanatos:
    alosso:
    "tiering up by levelling up",

I don't think it's levels because pro-tour pro is at 50 if haven't done it by then.

This L50 fits perfectly to my thesis, and I have yet to see a convincing argument for anything else.

Otherwise: Agree to disagree - have fun!

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 2:17 PM

alosso:
    This L50 fits perfectly to my thesis, and I have yet to see a convincing argument for anything else.

Yes for Pro to Tour Pro. there isn't a set level for anything  after that where they automatically raise you. 

I've seen 95+ Tour Pros. think i even played one that was over 100 the other night.

and  the OP said that he made Master at level 35. That's not a level mechanism when Pro -Tour Pro is at 50. 

I can only guess what it is that they use. total coin wins maybe. quality of competition beat? don't know.

But we can definitely eliminate auto tier after leveling once you get to level 50. That's the last step. Pro-Tour Pro

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 8:37 PM

alosso:
    Mobile players like you don't play strokeplay. That's why the average would never move from 150. WGT has implemented a system of "tiering up by levelling up", and this is your path. At certain levels (which have not been gathered by the players), mobile players get tiered up.

In support of this, WGTChampion has previously posted: "For the first few tiers we have specific levels that will push the player to the next tier. This way their aren't any level 90 Hack players or anything like that."

And he was specifically referring to mobile players who are coin-only players. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2020 10:13 PM

Mythanatos:
    the OP said that he made Master at level 35. That's not a level mechanism when Pro -Tour Pro is at 50. 
    That made me think, too. Unfortunately, I have not much insight into the mobile game for further arguments. I have the impression, though, that such "mobile" mechanism goes past Legend.

• TGin650
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2020 12:14 AM

Phoenix, I’m a mobile player also. Just made Master at level 55. I was also wondering why I got “tiered” up since I’ve seen lvl 90 tour pro. I believe it’s due to the level of competition. I’ve recently geared up my equipment and I’ve done pretty well in the H2H against masters, TMs and legends. You must be doing pretty well if you got master by lvl 35.

RSS