Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Iron Sets?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 31 2020 6:15 AM (4 replies)
  • Steelhouse
    110 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 11:10 AM

Comparing the irons I am using now (WGT Starters) for its low meter speed to the (Ping G410 L-36) same meter speed, set seems a good overall advantage at this point in time. Question I have is should I wait till a much higher status tier then add or is there a rule of thumb for upgrading? Half the battle was getting the browser straighten out.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 6:18 PM

Steelhouse:

Comparing the irons I am using now (WGT Starters) for its low meter speed to the (Ping G410 L-36) same meter speed, set seems a good overall advantage at this point in time. Question I have is should I wait till a much higher status tier then add or is there a rule of thumb for upgrading? Half the battle was getting the browser straighten out.

It depends on you. Normally I tell people to wait until they get their levels up there.

Your a Pro, so get get your levels up to at lest in the mid 50's maybe 60's before buying a lot of clubs.Once you do it every tier your buying clubs.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 6:58 PM

Steelhouse:

My first set of irons were the Level 59 pings. I never regretted waiting. And I used the starter putter until Level 70.

Wedges are a different story. If I were you, I would get a decent set of 3 wedges now. If you can afford the credits, the Titleist around Level 30 are terrific clubs and will serve you well for a  long time. 

• Steelhouse
    110 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 7:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up, will take all under advisement.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 6:15 AM

Robert1893:

Steelhouse:

My first set of irons were the Level 59 pings. I never regretted waiting. And I used the starter putter until Level 70.

Wedges are a different story. If I were you, I would get a decent set of 3 wedges now. If you can afford the credits, the Titleist around Level 30 are terrific clubs and will serve you well for a  long time. 

+1 Great Advice. Good wedges cut strokes off your game.

The L-59 Pings were the best in the game for Mid Level Players.

RSS