Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I've been trying the Desktop game..some thoughts.

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 31 2020 10:10 AM (5 replies)
  • Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 10:11 AM

First let me say after playing a few hours I've started to actually enjoying it , I did try it out a while ago and didn't like it. Looking back I think I should have taken more time to set it up and let myself get used to the superficial stuff, avatar and ball too big to my eye, buttons either missing or in different places.

The putting is the thing I'm having most bother with it just doesn't look right to my eye yet but assume that will come, I've started just calculating it and going with the figures. I don't have that feeling that this one is going in I get with the flash version, it's always a surprise whether I miss it or sink it lol.

The ding is definately harder to hit but the shots are much more forgiving it seems. As someone who always struggles with the ding this makes the game easier not withstanding the putting. I just shot a round with a 31% ding rate, which is a lot lower than normal but with an average distance to the pin of 2.29yds, which believe me is a lot better than normal. 

The camera angles need to be fixed, at first I thought some were merely missing but they are there just not activated. Erin Hills hole 1 did not appear to have a green camera, the wind was with me on some drives but even though I could go for the green I couldn't look at the landind spot. Then I had wind against, no hope of reaching the green and lo and behold a green cam. This must be true of a lot of the missing camera angles.

On the green as many have said the putting sign is way to intrusive and my golfer doesnt go transparent when he's in my view. I'd also like to see my pitches, the cam seems to go behind my golfer when I want to watch my pitch.

I hope that doesn't sound too negative as I say I'm actually enjoying it and intend to play most games on it now.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 11:24 AM

At first I didnt care for it but now its the only version I will play.All those missing things you mention should( hope) work there way into the game before years end.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 11:31 AM

Jimac55:
    I hope that doesn't sound too negative as I say I'm actually enjoying it and intend to play most games on it now.

Not at all, that was a pretty straightforward observation. 

Jimac55:
    avatar and ball too big to my eye

Yes, the proportions aren't quite right. I'd like to see that avatar about 3/4 of what it is.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 2:06 PM

I'd like to see a restart button on unlimited rounds, it's a pain having to go all around the houses to start again. I see there is a restart on cthh, so surely they can add it to the other games? Also, the up/sown elevation arrow isn't there when playing from close in, you have to change to putt. The font size is really tiny as well, i have to go right up to the screen and put my glasses on to see the green speed. I don't see any options to save replays either.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 4:01 PM

Nicole161106:

I'd like to see a restart button on unlimited rounds, it's a pain having to go all around the houses to start again. I see there is a restart on cthh, so surely they can add it to the other games? Also, the up/sown elevation arrow isn't there when playing from close in, you have to change to putt. The font size is really tiny as well, i have to go right up to the screen and put my glasses on to see the green speed. I don't see any options to save replays either.

Totally agree. 👍

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 10:10 AM

Jimac55:

On the green as many have said the putting sign is way to intrusive and my golfer doesnt go transparent when he's in my view. I'd also like to see my pitches, the cam seems to go behind my golfer when I want to watch my pitch.

See, after 3 rounds, I find the putting easier because it's easier to read the line than in the mobile version.  I also find the approaches easier because the grids are bigger, more visible.  

That said, clicking a mouse isn't natural and the ipad is just purely comfortable for me.

RSS