Forums

Help › Forums

Identify landing surface while aiming shots

Fri, Jun 5 2020 6:00 PM (2 replies)
  • RickyWebs
    1 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 7:24 AM

I did not see this suggestion on the work list so I don’t think it’s been suggested. It would be nice if the game identified the landing surface as you aimed your tee shots and fairway shots. I know a lot of times the landing surface is obvious but it would be beneficial to see what the landing surface of where the shot is aimed. Sometimes it’s difficult to distinguish between the first cut and fairway. Thanks. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 3:35 PM

Just like real life.  You learn by playing.

• AlejBaran
    1,399 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2020 6:00 PM

RickyWebs:

I did not see this suggestion on the work list so I don’t think it’s been suggested. It would be nice if the game identified the landing surface as you aimed your tee shots and fairway shots. I know a lot of times the landing surface is obvious but it would be beneficial to see what the landing surface of where the shot is aimed. Sometimes it’s difficult to distinguish between the first cut and fairway. Thanks. 

There is a way to know with some confidence how the surface where our shot is supposed to land looks like; if you don't know it or have doubts.

Change from full shot or what you are using to chip view, move the pointer to that place and use the zoom to zoom in on the image.

Click and hold the aimer, you will see clearly how the points flow and the color of the grids around that point.

Everything that appears red is below that point (so if the ball lands there you will have an uphill putt ), the black is at the same level and the blue is above it. You can even move the aimer to find the best place or check if a green has a false front for example.

By the way, what Larry says is fundamental.

RSS