Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Replay shot

Tue, Dec 1 2020 9:02 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AZWillieB
    15 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 8:11 AM

I just downloaded and started using the Early Access version yesterday and for the most part I love it.  However, there seems to be no way to replay a shot.  Is there a hidden button I can't see.  I play on a PC in both windowed and full-screen mode.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 9:34 AM

Unfortunately, similar to the mobile versions (i.e. iOS and Android), there is no way to save shots and replay them like you can do in the Flash version of the game. 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 1:37 AM

I know that my AMD graphics software allows me to record an instant replay of my desktop (not sure if it can capture a particular window as I don't use it). But it appears to work similarly to a dash cam, where it continually records, but only stores the last 5 minutes or whatever time period you set it to.

So if you want to save a good shot in WGT, you just press the designated shortcut key, and it saves the last 5 recorded minutes, if you have it set to that time period.

I guess you need a reasonably good PC to have a recording going on in the background all the time, but people who stream can save their streams as videos, so if you do that your machine is good enough.

You're not going to get all the different camera views that you get with a flash replay obviously, but it's better than nothing.

I think Nvidia do something called ShadowPlay which is probably very similar to AMD's ReLive.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 7:38 AM

No worries Paul, thank you.

I'm sure there are other softwares out there that can do recordings in a loop of a few minutes to enable you to capture a recently passed event. But it makes sense to benefit from software that you may already have on your machine.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 11:36 AM

PCEA Save Replays

Use Windows 10's built in recorder

Use OBS, carry on reading...

Following on from my previous rambles about creating replays in the new game. If you use OBS Studio for streaming, you probably know that you can record with it as well. I've been mucking about with OBS Studio for a few days and it appears to have a replay buffer option, which you can use to save a short recording of a good shot, should you wish to. Again, it works like a dash cam, recording in a loop of a time period that you can specify, and if you tie a hotkey to it, you can just mash that hotkey to get your shot saved. It's not necessary to stream or even record your game (or whatever else you might be doing), to be able to do this, you just have to have OBS Studio running and the replay buffer enabled.

To enable the replay buffer, just go into OBS's settings, select Output in the left panel, then check the Enable Replay Buffer checkbox...

...underneath that you can specify how long you want the replays to be and the max memory usage. I did a couple of one minute test recordings at a resolution of 1920 x 1200 @ 60fps and the file size came out at 22MBs.

You can specify where you want your recordings to be saved in the Recording>Recording Path input box just above the replay buffer section.

When you enable the replay buffer you should get an extra button added to your controls...

...when you click the Start Replay Buffer button, another button will appear...

...if you don't set up a hotkey for the save replay, you will need to click the button with the down arrow to record your shot. Don't click the Stop Replay Buffer, that needs to be left running until you stop playing or don't want to create anymore replays.

Please note that this replay feature records a past event. You don't have to guess whether or not your next shot is going to be the good one that will need saving and press the button to start recording, the recording is already happening as you are playing, pressing the button saves a recording of the shot you have already made (a past event) not a shot you are about to make (a future event).

To make a hotkey for the replay button, go back into OBS's settings and select Hotkeys in the left panel, then scroll down to Replay Buffer. The replay buffer hotkey section will not appear unless you have previously checked the Enable Replay Buffer in the Output settings.

Select the Save Replay box, and press the keys you want as your hotkey/s, e.g., CTRL SHIFT R then click OK and you're done.

I hope that make sense. ; )

• RaVeN9347
    28 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2020 7:19 AM

If you're using windows 10 you could just use the built in screen recorder...

Press windows key+ G 

You can then edit any video to save just the shots you want to keep using Windows Video Editor

• PAGES
RSS