Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Shot meter - loss of control

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 26 2020 11:24 PM (9 replies)
  • MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 11:37 AM

I have had musltiple decent scores ruined by the behaviour o fhte shot meter.

While taking the club back it releases without my input - then shoots forward at lightening speed, usuall resulting in the ball travelling a few feet at best.

This happens in virtually every game I play - totally ruins a game.

Can't believe I'm the only one suffering with this.

I can be hitting the ball well, scoring well and bang - the shot meter does as I describe and an awful score results. This can happen 2 or 3 times during a round -usually adding many shots to an otherwise well played round.

Last few shot play games ruined because of this, in fact not worthwhile playing in them. Scored ruined through no fault of my own.

Certainly won't be spending any real money on this.

• solanna
    686 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 2:54 PM

I had the same problem a few years ago. I replaced my mouse and the problem was solved. Because your holding the mouse button down for a period of time, it seems to wear out.

Erv

• Trevjor
    1,177 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 11:15 PM

You don't mention which browser you are using but quite a few people have a smoother meter with Maxthon 4.4.8.1000.

Or you could let your meter run to the end ( like a practice swing ) and then hit it properly second time around.

This can also help. Make sure nothing is running in background ( check the task manager ).

T.

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 1:44 AM

Do you use a wireless mouse? Is the battery past its best?

If you use a wired mouse perhaps it is faulty. You could check the left mouse button by making the right button the default one to see if the fault persists. (You can change the mouse buttons in your control panel mouse settings).

The flash game shot meter does have an automatic release programmed into it. Comes in at about 15-20 seconds I believe.

• MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 7:35 AM

Nothing wrong with my kit. Tried to play stroke play again today. Over 6 holes - the shot meter screwed me over on 3.

Of course, it doesn't happen at all during practice. WGT are having a laugh. I will never improve my scores if this rubbish persists - the game is taking 10 or so shots away from me in each game. It is made worse by the fact that after the meter ruins the shot - it ALWAYS leave be in deep trouble.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 8:23 AM

MikeW1503:

While taking the club back it releases without my input - then shoots forward at lightening speed, usuall resulting in the ball travelling a few feet at best.

This happens in virtually every game I play - totally ruins a game.

Have to agree with Scott, sounds like a mouse problem.  Classic symptom, mouse button releases while pulling back.  You can make a concerted effort to apply more pressure to the button, or replace the mouse.  Or as Scott stated, replace batteries(if wireless) and test again.

• Steelhouse
    110 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 9:04 PM

Trevjor I have to thank you for your post. I was having constant battles with swing meter and the game in general just to run smoothly. I had tried all of WGT suggestions for browsers but none preformed like “Maxthon Version 5.1.134” for a Mac. Absolute night and day difference, now the clubs, balls, swing meter preform like they should. I have stopped pulling out my hair.

• MikeW1503
    24 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 12:12 PM

Maxton - a Chinese browser that leaks data - no thanks.

Trevjor:

You don't mention which browser you are using but quite a few people have a smoother meter with Maxthon 4.4.8.1000.

Or you could let your meter run to the end ( like a practice swing ) and then hit it properly second time around.

This can also help. Make sure nothing is running in background ( check the task manager ).

T.

• Trevjor
    1,177 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 11:24 PM

Google Chrome  -  An American browser that leaks everything - no thanks.

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2020 6:22 AM

Just like everyone else has mentioned, it is 99.9999999999999% chance a mouse issue.

Sadly I feel as though trying to help is like beating a dead horse.

RSS