Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can anyone name a pro who only drives 200m?

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 26 2020 2:16 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 4:41 PM

Fartman56:
    I also feel that WGT has it's chosen players

Yup, and I'm one of them. I was chosen to explore the Pro Shop and was invited to buy whatever I wanted. Then I was chosen to go play all over the place as much as I wanted to learn how everything works.

WGT made a good choice in me because I ate it all up, right down to understanding exactly how efficiently they have replicated what one sees IRL. It's rather amazing what being one of the chosen ones has done for me.

I will tell you that your 571 rounds in 10 years here indicates you refused to be one of the chosen ones. Go figure, all those rounds!! That's over 1 round a week!! Wow, you're really coming from a strong place with your POV. Well researched.  ;-)

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 4:59 PM

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 5:12 PM

Fartman56:
    I also feel that WGT has it's chosen players and if you are not part of the chosen there is nothing you can do to get better because WGT will not allow it.

Total BS!!!
    There are no “chosen players”
    The elite players in this game have gotten there through their own effort by putting in the required work and practice.  
    To accuse WGT of somehow making them better players and at the same time preventing you from being just as good is absolutely absurd!! 😖

• ZolanHCroft
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 5:23 PM

Apologies if this gets duplicated ...(I am not sure where my response went)

@yankeejim I think that's great for you and I am jealous

But I have 3 important questions

1) what's you current WGT bag worth? (in $'s)

2) would you pay for it? (in $'s)

3) would you still play if you didn't/couldn't have it ?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 5:28 PM

Robert1893:

LMAO Oh boy... I laughed like crazy or what. The key word here is "were". LOL

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2020 7:48 PM
    Have to hand it to the OP, after 13 ranked rounds, they have the whining part down lol! Watch a few video's and buy you a driver for the pitch and putt tee's!
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 3:01 PM

To the OP... viewing your stats from WGT you currently have a 236y driving average.

That suggests your in game driving average is better than the professional LPGA golfers :  Sarah Jane Smith, Aditi Ashok, Karine Icher, and In Gee Chun.  Which can be observed on LPGA.com in the 2020 stats driving average category.

This does not dismiss or underplay the outstanding play of these women.  They simply know how to play and rely on position, course management, skill, and putting to get the job done.

WGT can be a lot like that... course management, knowing your clubs / yardages, and solid all around game that has been acquired through years of practice.  So, I doubt two weeks is going to make you an expert or comparable to professional golfers.

A highly skilled player with your introductory clubs would still shoot par or better from your forward tee boxes.  

I understand your frustration, but it doesn't appear you have enough time yet to understand WGT's business model and it seems to work for them.  They are still alive and kicking despite you only recently stumbling upon the game.  

Good luck and enjoy the experience.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2020 3:29 PM

YankeeJim:
    I will tell you that your 571 rounds in 10 years here indicates you refused to be one of the chosen ones. Go figure, all those rounds!! That's over 1 round a week!! Wow, you're really coming from a strong place with your POV. Well researched.  ;-)

Talking of well researched, that's a bit like saying you play about two rounds a day.  Nearly 2,000 alt games and about 600mp missed ;-))

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 1:30 AM

Don't try to fool us with fancy numbers... We all know Henry K is the best of all time.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 2:16 AM

Duckster789:

Don't try to fool us with fancy numbers... We all know Henry K is the best of all time.

+1  lol

• PAGES
RSS