Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Driver question...

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 20 2020 3:57 AM (2 replies)
  • JimmyNewJersey
    1 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 6:54 AM

Hey Members. I am amassing credits and Looking for a general consensus before upgrading my entire bag. I want a driver that will enable me to consistently (moderate winds etc.) play from the hard tees at a higher pack cap. Will a driver that has a rated average of 255 yards be sufficient or do I need something rated around 270? The 255 yard option is part of a complete set, and I consider it the weak link. Thanks in advance if anyone has any opinions on how to wisely spend about 3500 credits on upgrading my bag. 

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 3:18 AM

1) Wait until you turned Master - a few levels more help a lot!

2) Get two short wedges first to get rid of the crappy Starter wedges!
    General consensus calls for three wedges (drop the hybrid) once you have settled with a better iron set.

3) In the meantime, consider a 3WD as a temporary replacement of the low level driver, if the length is sufficient.

4) Have fun!

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 3:57 AM

Jimmy,

You need to play every single day, even if it is only a single stroke.  This way you get a consecutive day bonus which quickly grows to 880 XP's. Then you get 3 XP's for every additional day that you play. So after just 100 consecutive days you get 1180 base XP's for just taking one swing.

This speeds up your level advancement which will give you far more clubs to choose from. One of the hardest things to do is wait to make purchases. Once you start playing every day you can shorten this waiting period without buying clubs that you will quickly outgrow.

RSS