Re: New Equipment Releases

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 1 2020 3:20 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • russellsvpickett
    139 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 12:41 AM

Morning all....

Just wondering how often WGT release new clubs and if there was anywhere of getting visibility on what they are likely to release and when.

I'm currently playing with the Titleist AP2's and looking to upgrade my irons, but the choice and options available is quite limited and I can't find anything with the 'realistic' attributes that I would like as a Level 61 Master.

Any advice welcomed....

Thanks

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 6:05 AM

L59 Ping irons are the way to go from where you are. Everything else in your bag is fine for now. Love that L33 Callaway ball too.

Cheers,

Darren

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 6:23 AM

+1 on the Level 59 irons.

@russellsvpickett:

WGT doesn't announce equipment releases early. You just have to watch the news announcements. I would say about 2 to 3 times a year they release new equipment.

Anymore, however, new equipment simply replaces other equipment. What that means is the "new" equipment is simply rebranded, with not too many changes in characteristics (if any at all) from the equipment being replaced. 

• russellsvpickett
    139 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 10:43 AM

Hi Rob and Irony....

Thanks for the advice and heads up fellas.... a little more from me on it!!

My main reason for upgrading is to get better length with the 3 Iron (currently 205) enabling me to drop the Hybrid and play the extra wedge.

I also quite like the look of the SIM Max L64 which I would happily wait for, but am I getting caught up on the ball flight!?

I like high ball flight and soft landing, or med high at least, my AP2's are M/H flight with a spin of 2, the SIM's are M flight with a spin of 3. In real life, the logic here would be that one cancels out the other, so whilst I like everything else about the SIM's and they are exactly what I'm looking for in terms of realistically upgrading length and precision, the M flight is really putting me off!!!

Am I reading too much in to the ball flight!?!?

Thanks

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 5:09 PM

You absolutely want high trajectory irons. The Level 59 Ping are great irons. They'll also give you the extra distance you want from your 3 iron, which will allow you get rid of the hybrid.

You can't go wrong with those irons. They were the first irons I purchased. Never regretted them. I always thought their forgiveness was greater than their rating. 

The Level 59 irons will serve you well until you get to Level 85. The Callaways at that level are worth the upgrade. Until then, there's no other set of irons you'll need. 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 11:31 AM
    You’re in luck !.New equipment dropped today
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 12:01 PM

Connorjwebb123:

I don't think so, everything I saw was a direct replacement for something that's gone.   His only luck may be the price hike involved in the renaming of clubs was smaller than usual.

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2020 2:29 PM
    DodgyPutter:

Connorjwebb123:

I don't think so, everything I saw was a direct replacement for something that's gone.   His only luck may be the price hike involved in the renaming of clubs was smaller than usual.

Aye lol
  • russellsvpickett
    139 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 1:34 AM

Hi Rob....

Thanks for the advice and sorry for the delay in reply.  

Funnily enough, I bought them and have been getting on really well and also summised that they will get me through to the L85 Callaways which are now the Mavriks.

I'm now L74 and have upgraded to the L74 Sim MAX Driver with winnings and bought the Vokey wedges upgrade, so the kit is coming along quite nicely now.

My only consideration now is the putter as I had always envisioned buying the L70 Phantom but have been using the L59 Sabertooth and to be honest, the difference seems minimal awith the Phantom only having the better balance, how important is that!? Am I better sticking with the Sabertooth until I get to L90 +!?

Thanks

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2020 1:25 PM

I would stick with the Sabertooth you already have until you get to Lvl 98 when you can get the better Scotty Phantom.

Balance has to do with long putts. The greater the balance you have the more accurate your putt distance is on longer putts

• PAGES
RSS