Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Shots coming up short this morning?

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 21 2020 7:35 AM (6 replies)
  • JonCoctosin
    13 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2020 10:13 AM

Last 3 tokyo matches my approach shots have been a club short.  I do have my apparel set to increase my iron distance, which accounts for about 15 yard gain per club.  Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this this morning, or ever before?  It's like it's not recognizing the apparel.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 5:37 PM

JonCoctosin:

Last 3 tokyo matches my approach shots have been a club short.  I do have my apparel set to increase my iron distance, which accounts for about 15 yard gain per club.  Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this this morning, or ever before?  It's like it's not recognizing the apparel.

Jon Every day is different. We have to adjust to it.

Some days its short and others it will be long. Keeps us guessing and will not let us zero in on the game.

• GrindNGamble
    14 Posts
    Sat, May 16 2020 7:22 PM

JonCoctosin:

This is a real thing sometimes. I have coin apparel and every now and then I won't get a bonus, as if the apparel wasn't being recognised. Maybe that's actually what happened to you.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2020 9:57 AM

The only thing I use in apparel is Driver Distance and Forgiveness.

My clubs are mapped without it. 

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2020 5:17 AM

first thing I'd do is remove all that apparel.  it's a crutch.  When you (if you) enter any WGT tournaments, you won't have the apparel bonus that you are dialing your game into.  I'm not smart, lol.  so i don't want 2 different distances to remember.  

• JonCoctosin
    13 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 10:03 AM

Thanks for the advice, I just play the coin rooms on mobile, and I rather enjoy the added apparel boosts, makes the game more fun for me.  I'm not complaining, just asking if anybody else experienced the same thing, it corrected itself by the afternoon.  I'm fairly detail oriented, and I understand the occasional miscalculation, but 3 holes in a row with the same result warranted my post.  Happy hitting however you prefer to enjoy the game.  

• HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2020 7:35 AM

Sometimes the apparel abelites work and sometimes they don't work in the coin rooms. I've reported it several times to CS. Unfortunately they won't even acknowledge the problem. In two of the replies I've received, they state that you will only get the abilities of apparel if you wear all gear from the same sponsor and all gear is level 4 or above. However, that is the" set bonus" and has nothing to do with individual apparel. 

It's not as easy to notice on abilities like forgiveness or sweet spot increases. It is a dead give away though when no coin bonus is awarded after a win. For me the, the main apparel I have problems with is the Top Golf shirt - the same item you wear. In games where I'm losing similar distance off my irons that you do, I also don't get the expected coinage on a win. Unfortunately, the chances of winning those games are significantly reduced.

When I notice it happening, I'll log out at the end of the match and come back in. Most times that fixes the issue. Not much help though after when you've failed to carry the water.

RSS